Thread: Ray!

Ray!

Is anyone else excited about this movie coming out? It hits theaters this Friday, and I hope to see it this weekend. I've always loved Ray Charles, and from what I've seen Jamie Fox does an incredible job.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Ray!

I do want to see this movie, but OI hate theatres and dont make a trip to them unless it is a big deal like SW or something else I really need to see on the big screen. I was shocked to see Jamie Foxx playing him.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yea , this movie looks absolutley incredible.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Got back from watching this today. It was absolutely great!!!!!!
    They couldn't have gotten a better person to play Ray than Jaimee Foxx. He captured Ray's spirit almost dead on just like Jim Carrey did in MAN ON THE MOON of Andy Kaufman. His mannerisms and nuances were astounding. But I was shocked to find out that he had a bad heroin problem.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I thought it was fantastic.

Yeah, Foxx did a good job of impersonating Ray but more importantly, the movie itself has a great plot and story arc. That's the most important thing, in my opinion.

I agree with all of you. It was a fantastic movie -good music, acting was great! I bought the soundtrack -great CD too!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

If this movie doesn't take home the Best Picture Oscar and earn Jamie Foxx a Best Actor Oscar, I plan to riot. Certainly the best film and performance of the year! Incredibles will win the Best Animated Pic award anyway...

I still haven't seen this, but it looks like the DVD is coming out 2/1/05, so I might just hold off until then.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

WHAT ?

Chux, you started this thread for crying out loud.
    See it.