Happy Halloween (Post your pumpkin, tell a story!!)

Its early, I know, but I dont know how much mine will last. Here is a pic, not a very good one, but its all I can do in the rain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	9426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	9427  
    Last edited by Rebo's_Guitarist; 10-29-2004 at 11:49 PM.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Re: Happy Halloween (Post your pumpkin!!)

Pretty cool! As dark as the photo is, I can make it out so you did good enough. I can't do SW pumpkins like that, I am still in the "basic jack-o-lantern" phase myself, but I have given it much thought.

(ps - I moved this thread to GenDisc because the "Collecting-Other" section is for collectibles)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just get a Pumpkin Masters carving kit. Just don't break those saws that come with it. And raw pumpkin...oh so delicious.

Now creating these designs yourself...out of my league. But I can follow the patterns, just provide them and I'll take out the pumpkin master kit.

Good pumpkins, RG.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm a pumpkin-purist, I categorically refuse to use patterns of any kind. In fact, only last year did I start drawing my concepts out on the pumpkins at all. I'm a nut.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Happy Halloween (Post your pumpkin, tell a story!!)

I KNOW people have good Halloween stories, so lets hear 'em.

When I was little my mother made me a pretty sweet Jawa costume, of course no one knew what the heck I was. A monk maybe..............?

One year I was a vampire and this one lady said "Oh I know what you are, youre Darth Vader!!!" Yeah right
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist
    One year I was a vampire and this one lady said "Oh I know what you are, youre Darth Vader!!!" Yeah right

You should post that in Dark Artists' new thread. He would like that one.

Nice Pumpkin BTW.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That's a nice job! I did a Yoda pumpkin last year but used a green christmas light. Made a world of difference! I did a Vader pumpkin this year and I always use templates to work from. I haven't carved a pumpkin free-hand in years!

When I was a kid, I always had those cheapie plastic-suit costumes with the rubber banded plastic mask. I know I was Vader and Yoda on year, maybe Fett for another. Pack-rat that I am, I still have 'em too.

I posted the pumpkin carvings I did at another forum (I'm "Jack Panix" on all other boards):

http://btvsfigs.proboards35.com/inde...num=1099019880
    Last edited by Ji'dai; 10-30-2004 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Fixed code...

I've go a Halloween story but it has nothing to do with SW. It was maybe 11 years ago and my mother, my little brother, and myself were out trick or treating and we were on our way back and about 2 blocks from home when my little brother let a fart and got a little something extra from it. From then on we always wished him a Crappy Halloween. That's one of those stories that'll I'll have to tell his kids.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Thats classic!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    when my little brother let a fart and got a little something extra from it.

He sharted. Thats a fart with the binus. :beardL
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten