Maybe it is just me...but I feel as if the release of the OT on DVD was rushed...even though they announced it nearly 10 months before its actual release and here's what I found disappointing about all 3 movies:
1. Greedo / Han scene...too choppy and awkward
2. Luke's lightsaber is still white, ignites instantly and shut off instantly...and in some scenes is blue, others white, and others hint of green...maybe the guy doing the compositing was colored blind ???
3. I've always hated the flashes from when the lightsabers clashed and when the Tantive IV is taking hits from the pursuing Star Destroyer...makes it hard on the eyes...surely they could have cleaned these up.
4. Colour of the film looks faint...not as clean as SE version.
5. Han / Jabba scene still could look better...the dialog is awkward and repetitive from Han / Greedo scene.
1. Where are the deleted scenes?
2. How come Luke's snowspeeder is transparent again? Didn't they fix that whole "matt line scene" with seeing the AT-AT through his cockpit in SE (you betcha...but looks like they forgot to fix it for the DVD)!. That bugs me BIG TIME!
3. I hate the fact that they changed Boba's voice (not needed).
4. The Emperor's dialog is dumb and doesn't fit with the opening crawl of the film...why would Darth Vader be Obsessed with finding Luke Skywalker if he didn't know he was the one who destroyed the DeathStar and his offspring? He doesn't need the Emperor to tell him that...that whole scene is really out of place.
5. The Emperor does look better than the old woman previously used...but still looks weird.
6. You can still see the tie fighter matt lines (transparency cut-outs) around them.
1. X-wing / Tie-Fighter explosions look too cartoonish now...colour looks less life-like...especially when the one x-wing gets blown up while inside the DeathStar.
2. Could care less if Hayden was at the end or not.
3. Could care less if Anakin still had eyebrows or not.
4. Where are the delete scenes? What happened to the Sandstorm scene?
5. Why couldn't they have fixed the flipped frame in Luke's speederbike chase scene...where his glove is on his left hand instead of his right?
6. I still hate the whole Jabba Dancer's routine!
7. Tie fighters still come out of nowhere.
1. Where are the deleted scenes? Wampa Attack, C3P0 ripping sign off Wampa door, Sandstorm (Jedi), Biggs and Luke on Tatooine?
2. Where are the other documentaries on the Trilogy (SPFX The Making of the Empire Strikes Back, and From Star Wars to Jedi...the Making of a Saga)?
3. Where are ALL of the behind the scenes photos from the films?
4. Where are the props pictures, set blue prints and the rest of the concept drawings etc...
5. Where are all three of the SE trailers? There's only the one (combined) trailer.
WHAT I LIKED
1. The story...and always will
2. ESB the Carbon Chamber is alot brighter and whiter (especially scene where the Stormtroopers grab Han away from Leia and put him into position to be lowered.
3. Director's commentary (especially ESB with Irvin Kershner and GL).
4. Thank you George for finally explaining the Cave sequence.
5. ESB the rank insignia's are finally corrected at the end of the film.
6. Removing Luke screaming when he falls.
7. That we finally have the Trilogy on DVD.