Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Episode II Acticulation

Hello All,

This my first post on here, and I ask this question because I assume that there a few people who are "in the know" that read these forums. SO my question is, without giving away anything you cannot, can anyone who has seen the Episode II figures tell me if Hasbro is continuieng to make limited articulation figures (like the 25th anniversarry 2-packs), or are most of the AOTC figures standard articulation figures???
    I ask because I purchased the Han/Chewie 2 pach today at Wal-mart, and I have never been so disappointed with a Hasbro Star Wars purchase. These are not the same action figures I collect, these are little statues, no more in with the line than something applause or attackus puts out. So can anyone answer this question, what are the Episode II figures like in this feild???
    Thanks for reading this

I agree, and asked this same question in an earier post when I saw the "leaked" figure picks last weekend.

The latest report for (I believe Rebelscum) stated that the E2 figures may be CONSIDERABLY cheaper than the POTJ figures have been.....maybe as much as $3.00 cheaper ($3.99 figure prices?). If all is true, and from what I have seen, Hasblo (oh look, my deragatory name for them is back after a short hiatus) will be sacrificing articulation for lower prices.

Great detail, really good looking statues....welcome to Hasbro 2002!!!

Of coarse, I could be wrong. Perhaps someone who has seen the figures (like, uhhh, I don't know.....uhhhh....SirSteve?!?!?)
    may take a moment and set us straight.

Angry

Ugh, I want articulation, not statues!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Well, it's like this.

I think Hasbro figures (hehehe no pun intended) we, as collectors want to keep these cool 25th Aniv. figures BOXED.

As such, I will probably do just that.

As far as regular figures go, I want ARTICULATION. It is a constant complaint of mine...with the exception of CommTech Stormtrooper.

As for prices, well Hasbro is selling ULTRA-ARTICULATED G.I. Joe figures for $6.00-$8.00 in a 2-pack. That's about $3-$4 per figure!?!?

If only that philosophy worked.
    May the force be with you.

Though I have seen little enough of the upcoming figures to make a judgement call on articulation, I think we can expect roughly what we had at the begining of POTF2 (shoulders, necks, waists, hips, plus the ocassional wrist, elbow, or bicep). However, in regard to the Anniversary set (which I have yet to find in my area), I don't think these were ever MEANT to be anything more than miniature statues. That they have any articulation at all is to allow ones like Luke & Leia to be packaged without being eternally connected. The scene or production photo specific look of each of these sets speaks volumes to this end. It is unfortunate if this is disappointing to some, it should still be fairly apparant that these were never intended to be of the same type of figure as the standard carded (or even cinema scene) figures.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99

As for prices, well Hasbro is selling ULTRA-ARTICULATED G.I. Joe figures for $6.00-$8.00 in a 2-pack. That's about $3-$4 per figure!?!?

Ah, yet another issue to address. Yes, it is true that Hasbro produces ultra-articulated G.I. Joe figures for $6.00-8.00 in 2-packs. But as price goes, Hasbro has the advantage with G.I. Joe. The advantage of brand OWNERSHIP! Yes, they own G.I. Joe in all its incarnations from the 60's to today, lock, stock, and barrel. Why is this important? Because as far as the Joes are concerned, Hasbro pay NOBODY for the RIGHT to produce the figures. Comic book companies and cartoon producers pay HASBRO for the right to make their related product. However, Hasbro pays LucasFilm, Ltd. a TON of money for the RIGHT to make Star Wars figures. Every Lando, Amanaman, or (resculpt) Han Solo you buy has the license fee for Star Wars built right into the price. The alternative? NO STAR WARS FIGURES! Yes, it is just that simple. When Hasbro's license to Star Wars was about to lapse, every toy maker in the world was scrambling to pick up on that deal. It was reported that Mattel offered LucasFilm $1 BILLION for the rights. George Lucas himself (it was reported) persueded Hasbro to renew the license in the interest of continuity. I honestly believe (whether the story of Lucas' involvement is true or not) that Mattel (or anyone else) would have made a travesty of the Star Wars brand. The first thing they would seek to do would be to make the figures a different scale (undoubtedly larger) so there could be no comparison between the Mattel and Kenner/Hasbro lines. And then you'd have to buy all of the same characters in exactly the same costumes all over again. And at an even higher price due to the larger scale and having to cover that $1 billion price tag on the license rights. Just food for thought when you try to compare prices of licensed and non-licensed toys.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Exclamation Re: Episode II Acticulation

Originally posted by Rampage0007
    tell me if Hasbro is continuieng to make limited articulation figures (like the 25th anniversarry 2-packs), or are most of the AOTC figures standard articulation figures???
    From the looks of it they will still be in poses (Obi/Padme figures we've seen) and its a big dissapointment really

I just want normal figures (like the Vintage ones in that position) and not in one pose as like all the figures now,it should have lots of articulation so I can pose the figure myself!!!!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Mst of us have seen the leaked pictures of the deluxe Padme by now and that's what you can expect from the deluxe line like it was for the episode one line. Posed figures with little decent articulation.
    The carded figures are a different kettle of fish. They technically constitute a different line altogether as far as marketing goes.
    The officially previewed Obi-Wan Coruscant chase figure had a neutral type of pose with the obvious difference of being made to hang from the pack-in droid. But his arms would no doubt hang just as well from his sides.
    The tusken female is fairly neutrally posed too. r as neutral as any of the POTF2 figures were.
    I think the posing is is going to be done according to the action undertaken by that character in the movie. The Royal Guard isn't going to do a lot more than stand around so he'll be posed standing stock still like the vintage and POTF2 versions.
    Yet the Jedi are mostly seen in action so Hasbro must feel that we'll want to see the figures in action to recreate the movie scenes.

Oh well....... I'm not that big a fan of the Jedi anyway....

I don't care for the one pose figures.I want them to be like the rest in my collection.But I don't own the co. so I'll take what I can get.PLEASE,no one pose figures.

If they look to bad I just won't buy them.I'll find other ways to fill the void like finding the ones I don't have.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I don't know what the story is, but I'll be really honked off if we get more one-pose wonders! That stuff would really bother me, it always has and it always will.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.