Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Trouble with Kebco

Has anyone esle been having trouble with Kebco lately. They've never been exactly speedy but this is crazy. I put in for a preorder of the first four VOTC figures the day they were first made available, back in January or February (thinking they would be hard to come by in retail....ha!) Anyway, I still havne't recieved them! Several months ago thier status changed from in prcess to backorder, which I had trouble believing considering the big three toy retailers have had these figures in mass quantaties since they were released. I e-mailed them several times asking for an update and no response. Finally I e-mailed them two weeks agi and asked to cancel the backordered orders and refund my money, which the website states they will do. Still no response though. This is deffinatly the last time I order from them and I'd caution anyone else. If you cant handle the volume of preorders for an extremely common item then don't offer them or at least return e-mails. Anybody else having this problem with them??

Re: Trouble with Kebco

I was told that, because of the delay in receiving complete orders from Hasblah due to particular casepacks, orders were placed on back-order to accomodate the free shipping deal they are extending to make up for the untimeliness of order filling. They don't want to eat the shipping charges over and over, so they are waiting until the full orders are in and THEN shipping them. Take what you will from that. Ken was very nice in explaining that to me.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Jedimarvin, I just did the same thing about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them either. I'm going to try and call them to see if I can get something to happen. I preordered back in april thinking the same thing (there's no way I'm gonna find these VOTC retail! DOH...I was wrong.) All I want to do at this point is cancel my order and get my refund. Let me know how it goes for you.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL=http://www.lucideonmusic.com]lucideon[/URL] [/COLOR]

i got so sick and tired of them, they were impossible to contact, stuff always came late, and that is if you ever got anything you ordered. I canceled all the orders i had and got it all refunded.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I've just fired off an email to KEBco requesting an update on my VOTC order. My R2, Boba and Chewie have been "in process" for months on end.... I thought that status was only supposed to be up for a few days? Leia and 3PO have been denoted as "Back Order" items now as well. I'm hoping they can let me know sooner rather than later whether or not they'll be able to fill my order, I think it would be easier to try and get help getting these figures sooner rather than later if they're not going to be able to get them to me. With any luck I'll get a quick reply.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Well thats what happened to me all my stuff had been pending for months. I got so sick and tired of waiting and then all of a sudden stuff goes on backorder. I missed out on stuff I should have had becuase I saw it in stores but didnt buy it becuase it was on order at Kebco. I still need the Lando General, Madine, and Han AT-ST which I missed out on because of them.

Lando, Han, and Madine are showing up again now in the OTC packaging, so you should be able to get them eventually. Although reading this does scare me a little. I don't wanna complain since the same problem happened last summer, where figure shipments were delayed, and weren't shipped until weeks after they finally showed up in stores. What bothers me is that the VOTC figs are supposed to be limited, and since seeing a 3-PO in KB a few weeks ago, I've found all 12 at retail (after figuring they'd be next to impossible to find). I even found the entire set of the the Jedi figures once, and left the best of them all, Chewbacc, on the shelf because I have it on pre-order and didn't wanna risk wasting money. I don't mind waiting a while if I'm gonna get all 12 figures in eventually (which I pre-ordered months ago when they first became available), but hearing how some of you ended up not getting everything ordered is a little bothersome. Hopefully this won't be an issue in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    Lando, Han, and Madine are showing up again now in the OTC packaging, so you should be able to get them eventually.
    Yeah thats not the point though, i ordered them on the Saga cards and saw them in stores on SAGA cards but didnt buy them becuase of the pre-order. Now I have to get them on the OTC cards because I am not dishing out the cash for SAGA cards.

This is unrelated to the topic of Star Wars toys but it involves Kebco. I was browsing their site looking for a figure that is sold out on other websites but they have it and im considering ordering from them but reading through this thread raises my eyebrows. Supposedly the figure is "in stock" but has anybody had trouble such as shipping delays when ordering a figure in the same status? I really want the figure, just not any of the headaches some of you seem to have experienced from Kebco.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

"In stock" items won't be delayed in my experience. I've had stuff ordered and in the door in less than a month (and I'm up in Canada) as long as they already have it in the warehouse. Usually I order extra stuff from time to time, and get them to put it on hold for me until I can have one big box shipped (to save on shipping), but when I've asked for in stock stuff to be shipped it happens right quick in my experience.

By the way, they've got DC Direct figures from the Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Hush and First Appearances lines on blow out right now, right around that $10 per figure mark, in case any of you guys like DC Comics. I don't think you'll find a better deal on these anywhere, and many stores sold out of them many moons ago.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008