Thread: Forum Members

Question Forum Members

I was looking at the member list and is really extensive there several hundred people there. My question is how often does the list get clear or refreshed, there are a lot of people that are do not have a single post and registered way back in 2002, so what gives.....
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Re: Forum Members

My guess is this: if you registered, you are on the list. And I do not think we delete inactive or non-posting accounts, so the list just keeps growing.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I think it's important for sites like this one to have a large membership in order to be able to dangle for sponsorship deals (from the people advertising on the sidebars). In order to seem like a good site to advertise on, they need to be able to say they have x-hundred number of members generating x-number of hits per day. That way the advertisers feel like it's a good spot to have a link up. Of course I don't own or operate a site, so take it for what it's worth (not a heck of a lot!).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

How about some kick backs for the frequent posters then.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

A lot of folks register to use the Photo Database or the search feature in the SSG news. Also, anybody who posts only in the classifieds won't have a post-count. So, we don't clear out our member lists, we have members who go months between posts yet still come back when something new in the SW universe gets them talking again. A lot of people like to lurk, some of them take the plunge to register but never actually end up posting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And I'm sure JediTricks and Jedi Master Guyote have their legions of Doombots and Mole Men joining up to shift the balance of power from humanity on this very forum!

Tommy, close your eyes.