View Poll Results: Do you use the stands included with the OTC figures?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use them with nearly every figure

106 41.25%
  • I use the stands half the time or more

24 9.34%
  • Sometimes, not more than half

13 5.06%
  • Very rarely, about 10% at most

23 8.95%
  • No, I open figures but never use the stands

33 12.84%
  • I don't open figures, so no stands needed

58 22.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do you use the stands included with the OTC figures?

I open all of my figures and keep all of these stands in a ziplock bag. I use Real Stands for all of my figures. The ones provided by Hasbro are too big and chunky, obtrusive, especially in my dioramas. Its wonderful that they are giving everyone something extra but I dont need them.
    I actually liked all of the "themed" bases that came with many of the Saga figures, such as the ones for the Geonosis Areana, those I used.

Yeah I was just thinking of the standard bases. The themed bases are the best and greatly appreciated.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Sometimes, not more than half. I'm not a big fan of Hasbro's generic stands; but I agree their themed-bases are fantastic. Still, it's nice that they are finally including them with the figures, it's long overdue. I've used up all of the CTCs, but I've got a baggy of the new black/gray ones since not all figures need them.

I prefer Real Stands since they offer two pegs for greater stability, are inconspicuous, and don't elevate figure height too much.

Yeah I agree with most everyone else. The stands are too large. I would have like the clear or solid black round stands instead. I collect MOC but there are some figures I open. When I do open them, I use the stands even though they are big. So for the most part, I have to vote that no stands are needed because I collect MOC.

B.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The stands are a nice gesture on Hasbro's behalf, and I do use them when necessary, but I prefer the clear round stands.

I keep all of my figures carded. I do tend to open a figure if I like it but right now money is tight and I can't even buy carded figures but money is getting alot better so watch out.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Most of my figures are still carded so I haven't needed many stands. When I do open figures, I use the stand if it has one. I have a bunch of stands I bought. I think they are Real Stands, but it seems like I had a tough time getting some of the figures on the pegs. Battle droids were the worst for this. So, I appreciate having the stands that come with the figures. I don't think I've had much trouble with them. Of course, for dioramas, Real Stands or the theme bases would look better.

I use the stands on the figures I open about 90% of the time. It helps keep the figures from falling off the shelves where I have them displayed. on a couple of occasions, I have lost the weapon, iusually a small blaster, when a figure without the display stand takes a nose dive off of a shelf, and I never find the weapon as it gets rocketed across the room. About 95% of my figures are carded though, so no need for stands.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Most of the time, you have to use the stand because the figures rarely stand on their own. I would rather see them focus on making a figure mold that can stand on its own than have them keep coming out with these stands. Most of the time I feel like the figures are just coming with a large ugly piece of plastic garbage.

Dago-Bah

Since the Saga line stands have been a necessity. Unfortunately the stands Hasbro pack in I rarely use. I prefer the clear stands so they do not draw attention away from the figure.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.