View Poll Results: Do you use the stands included with the OTC figures?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use them with nearly every figure

106 41.25%
  • I use the stands half the time or more

24 9.34%
  • Sometimes, not more than half

13 5.06%
  • Very rarely, about 10% at most

23 8.95%
  • No, I open figures but never use the stands

33 12.84%
  • I don't open figures, so no stands needed

58 22.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you use the stands included with the OTC figures?

After years of collectors saying how much they'd like the figures to come with stands, Hasbro has finally done just that. Since the Saga line, Hasbro has been including generic stands - or as Hasbro calls them, bases - with Star Wars 3" action figures. The dark metallic gray rectangular stands have a few techy details and the Star Wars logo designed into the top, as well as a single foot-peg in the upper-left section, and even have tabs on the bottom to interlock with each other in several different configurations. Nearly every figure in the OTC line has come with a stand, sometimes even with figures that don't need them like R2-D2 (but of course, who couldn't use another stand?). But are fans actually using these stands? If so, how often?

Re: Do you use the stands included with the OTC figures?

Since it looks like I'm the second poster in this thread, I take it that you only use the stands a fraction of the time, JT.

I've been saying for a long time on SSG that Hasbro should be putting out SW figure stands. The only way to get them is online, which seems to be a fairly high cost, or at a specialty store. Since there is none in my area that sells figure stands I am pretty much depending on the OTC stands in my desktop dioramas.

I've always thought that stands would be a good way for Hasbro to do a mail-away promotion for the collectors. It would be relatively cheap for them and be a cool little extra for us.

I'm glad they've finally packed them in with the OTC figures, because I missed the CTCs doubling as stands during the Saga line. This is one thing I give Hasbro an "A" in for SW figures.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I use them. I would prefer to have flat clear stands, but free stands are free stands.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'm with dindae on this one. Would prefer more flat stands with two pegs, but I'm thankful that Hasbro is at least giving us something.

You got it ManCan, as much as I like the concept, I just haven't really used them all that much. Looking around right now, I can only see 1 figure using a stand, though I have several others using aftermarket stands that I bought before Hasbro started making these.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I voted a definitive NO.

As much as I would like Hasbro to include a stand with ALL figures, they just cannot beat Real Stands with their simplistic and inconspicuous clear design. In fact, if Hasbro were smart, they would strike a deal with Real Stands to include one of their stands by putting the Real Stands logo on the back of every package including their website address to crosspromote between companies. It just makes good business sense for them to team up. I know Hasbro wants to take all of the profit for themselves and not have to include a "partner" but what I am saying is that Real Stands supply Hasbro with the stands for the figures and gets "free" publicity out of the deal to encourage fans to visit their website to purchase more. Come on guys, it's a no-brainer.

Yeah, that's a big NO for me also, they're all in a big bag somewhere. I love the idea of getting stands, but I really don't like these stands. Something smaller, like the Protech stands that I own dozens of, would be best. (Be nice if they were even smaller and oval shaped.)

I'm probably the only one that really loved the commtech chips, but I'd like to have seen those again.
    plasticfetish.net

Nope, Moc collector here.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I love the idea, but hate the application. I open all the figures, and with hundreds of figures and limited space, the stands don't let me display enough figures. I use the REAL stands and often use one stand for 2 figures. If they'd make them a little smaller, they'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    I use them. I would prefer to have flat clear stands, but free stands are free stands.
    What he said, except I don't use mine all the time.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars