Angry Screwed by Southern Island.com

Did anyone else order a 12" Vintage Boba Fett from Southern Island.com??? I did on Aug. 2 when they had a $19.95 promotion and the web page said it would ship in August. I finally got a reply back from "customer service" the middle of October after ignoring my emails and never answering their "customer service" phone. They told me the second shipment from Hasbro was expected to arrive the end of October and then they would ship to us. I waited another 3 weeks and sent them an email asking if they had received the item and when it would ship and to my surprise I got an email back within a couple of hours. They said Hasbro cancelled the second shipment so Southern Island.com would be refunding us our money and they were "sorry" for any inconvenience. Of course they couldn't send me an email to tell me this, I had to contact them. Now I'm glad that I didn't buy it in the store when I could actually find one! I will never order anything from them again and I strongly suggest you don't either if you actually want to get your item.

Re: Screwed by Southern Island.com

That's too bad, but I just saw two of them at K-mart day before yesterday... so they're still out there. Keep looking.

Last edited by plasticfetish; 11-11-2004 at 11:14 PM. Reason: now the thread's moved
    plasticfetish.net

I ordered the Sandcrawler from them and had absolutely NO problems whatsoever. It came in great condition and quick too. They sent me two e-mails notifying me first of when it was sent then next when it actually was shipped. I called them just over two weeks ago because I had heard comic stores were getting them in and wanted to check the status of mine. They told me they were expecting it in a couple of days and that I should receive it about 1-1 1/2 weeks from them. They were spot on as I got it within 2 weeks.

I've only had this one deal with them, but I willing to deal with them again. Sorry you had a bad expereince. Boba is really easy to find in my parts. Sure you want to save the cash, but he can still be find, even if for normal retail price.

Oh, BTW, did I mention I only paid $39.95 for the Sandcrawler. with shipping the total came to $47.15. That's a heck of a lot cheaper than many have paid for it.

One satisfied customer,
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

My experience with SI is similar to sal's. I pre-ordered the crawler back in June and received it this week. I tend to avoid online retailers for most items, but I really had no choice on the sandcrawler since there are no local outlets for ordering/obtaining it.

The 12" VOTC are plentiful in my area too so keep looking. They are almost shelf-warming here so I'm beginning to think I might be able to grab these after christmas on sale or clearance. Of course if you wanted the initial wave with the package/decal variations or the blue Fett you're SOL.

I concur with Jedi Master Sal.
    I got mine yesterday, took it out and set up my purchase of the droids diorama. I just wish Hasbro would give us the final few little droids to finish it.
    The price was great. This was the first time I have dealt with them. No problems.

I've only had one deal with them too (about a year and a half ago). I got two Marmit Sandtroopers (white pauldron) for around $36 each (or something like that). I was pleased as punch to get those at such a great price

That sucks about the Fett though. If you still want one, I suggest going out and getting one A.S.A.P. He was fairly plentiful around here up until a few weeks ago. Now I never see him, just Lukes and the occasional Stormtrooper.

Anytime you pre-order something you're taking a chance that the company won't get the product. i also got the sandcrawler from SI and had no problems. i've had the most trouble with Entertainment Earth advertising cases of figures and then changing case assortments or cancelling orders outright long after figures have come and gone from the shelves.