Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Star Trek Johnny Lightning Ships (Wave 1)

Not sure if these have been mentioned before, just reading about them on art asylum. They look great, there are six in this first wave:

1.TOS Enterprise
    2.Miranda Class (specifically the Reliant from TWOK)
    3.TOS Shuttle Galileo 2
    4.TOS Klingon Battlecruiser
    5.TOS Romulan Bird of Prey
    6.ENT NX-01

I'll post some links in a second, they look nice, if a bit TOS themed, which isn't my fav period of trek history. But people seem to think there will be more waves, this surely must be spurred on by the success of the Furuta and Rommando's. And its good to know at least other forms of mm stuff is coming out, what with battlestar stuff coming soon its not all doom and gloom.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

Re: Star Trek Johnny Lightning Ships (Wave 1)

Hi Andy,

Here is the pic of the serie 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0237.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	9595  
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Thanks siqnus, sorry everyone, I wandered off for an aperitif with some friends in the old port, how french

Good pic there, thanks for that, got some links here:

Here they can be pre-ordered, also a nice picture of the set

And some close-up pics on another site

And another site they can be pre-ordered-quite cheap too

How much should you pay for these, the full set of 6, that one place I posted was 25usd and another 60. And are these only available from the us?

Just read that wave 2 will be:

Johnny Lightning Wave 2 will follow soon after and features these sought-after vessels:

U.S.S. Enterprise-A™

U.S.S. Reliant NCC-1864 with battle damage

Klingon™ D7 Battlecruiser cloaked

U.S.S. Enterprise NX-01™ with polarized hull plating

U.S.S. Enterprise™ NCC-1701 with battle damage.
    Ent A is a good addition, rest sound like dreaded re-hashes, nevermind though, if we all buy them there will be more!

Whoa whoa whoa, these are all-plastic? That's what Playing Mantis' website says (they own Johnny Lightning) - it's not a dealbreaker for me, just a surprise. And what's this "10 years out of the market"? That's not true! The ships stick out of the bubble? That seems like a recipe for disaster.

All in all, I can't wait to see these on shelves, but anything more than $30 for a set sounds like a huge ripoff to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was at first under the impression these were metal but yes jeditricks, your right, they are plastic. Hmmm. Still like the look of them though, detail looks good on them at least.

Yeah, I think they look decent enough to buy and as plastic will likely satisfy MM collectors, but as die cast I think they would have been a little more special. I'll definitely be buying at least half of the first wave, then depending on the price may buy them all or wait for their superior repaints.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The only thing I would have said with die cast is I'd be worried that they turn out like the SW die cast x-wing thats just been re-released, to be cheap I think detail would be lost and to get the same detail as plastic they would become higher end items and hence more expensive. Possibly.

Either way, and on another topic, should be not be hearing furuta wave 3 by now?

I dunno if that would have been the case, the SW ones Hasbro is putting out next year are not a standard situation, the Falcon, the X-wing, and Slave 1 all started life nearly a decade ago as a totally different concept (X-Rays, with visible interior details rather than tight, crisp fine exterior details), not sure anymore if the TIE was as well but I seem to remember someone suggesting that was the case. Anyway, Hasbro is using old molds that have gone through several uses and weren't even initally designed for metal anyway, if they had started over from scratch (which honestly, they might as well have) I'm sure they would have been able to get a lot better detail out of there. Johnny Lightning has been able to get some good work into their die cast sci-fi vehicles in the past, and with competition in the die cast market from Corgi with their awesome Batmobiles line at a $6 pricepoint, there might have been some good opportunities there.

Question and are these gonna be domestically available or are they yet another japan-xclusive?

and can we get them separately or do we gotta get all 6? personally i'd just want an nx01- ok and maybe a d7 since it's intriguingly purple- but why Is it purple?
    personally i prefer plastic to metal; looks better, transports easier and paintjob lasts longer. also, the price point should (in theory) be lower since it costs less than metal
    vt