Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Overblown and overrated!

Well, I havent really cared much about Metallica since And Justice for All. To me that was the last good album they ever made.
    By Metallica you mean Smashing Pumpkins. And by And Justice For All you mean some Smashing Pumpkins album.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Well, I havent really cared much about Metallica since And Justice for All. To me that was the last good album they ever made.
    I'm in total agreeance. I love The Mighty Met but after And Justice for All I don't like very many songs.

By the by One is my all-time favorite rock song.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

One is a great song, but it led to their downfall by making a video for it The video rocks, but MTV killed it and it lead to their inflated egos and the sell-out began
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll have to add Creed, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The one that got me was Korn. Unless you were one of those many, many fortunate fans that claimed to have been a fan before they got big.
    I was into Korn for their first 2 albums and the 3rd to a point. After tha, they turned too pop and tecno wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    now, first off, i can completly understand why some folks wouldn't like Radiohead as they're not for everybody: with their atmospheric brilliance, roaring guitars, their alienated, yet beautiful lyrics and to top it off: the angelic voice of one Thom Yorke.
    Have they released an album where his voice actually sounds decent?
    If you need to wonder why Radiohead is hailed as brilliant and puts out masterpieces, sit down and listen to the chaotic glory that is "OK Computer" and follow it up "The Bends" and i promise you'll be a fan. Or, i like to think that i can promise you'll be a fan.
    I have heard both...or should I say suffered through both. Just flat out painful to listen to, IMO, especially his voice.
    The only Radiohead song I even remotely like is 'Creep' and it gets old fast.
    Not my cup of tea I guess.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

You mean MTV actually played music videos?JK

I only remember seeing the video for One once and that was at about 1:00am during Headbangers Ball which was a great show.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

John Meyer- For all the reasons listed
    Shaina Twain-More annoying pop wannabe than country
    Linkin Park-Rap wannabes
    Michael/Janet Jackson - Both have no talent in my opinion
    Korn/Pappa Roach - Two of the same its seems
    Any 'American Idol' winner-Has any one of them done anything special?I thought not
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

you criticize Thom's voice, but you dig Korn, where the guy screams and shouts for 70 minutes? I find it hard to believe that you could "suffer" through some Radiohead albums, especially "The Bends" where Thom's vocals (see "Fake Plastic Trees" and "High and Dry") and how he carries the vocals against Jonathan davis who shouts for his tunes? Seems like my definition of vocals means to sing whereas another definition is to shout and yell.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

you criticize Thom's voice, but you dig Korn, where the guy screams and shouts for 70 minutes? I find it hard to believe that you could "suffer" through some Radiohead albums, especially "The Bends" where Thom's vocals (see "Fake Plastic Trees" and "High and Dry") and how he carries the vocals against Jonathan davis who shouts for his tunes? Seems like my definition of vocals means to sing whereas another definition is to shout and yell.
    I was into Korn. Not anymore. When I did really like them, I was like 17 or 18 and that kind of dark and angry music appealed to me.
    I grew out of Nu-metal years ago.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Seems like my definition of vocals means to sing whereas another definition is to shout and yell.
    You just brought up how I feel about a lot of metal these days. There is a lot of beautiful metal being produced right now that I feel is hindered by the cookie monster vocals accompanying it. If I wanted cookie monster, I'd watch Sesame Street!

Back on point, so much blasphemy in here. What next, attacking Merle Haggard and Maiden or...or...or wait, this is about overblown and overrated bands. You know, those bands all over the popular music mags and all over the television.

Looking back on what's been popular...my biggest complaint has always been Dave Matthews Band. I remember when that song where he kept saying "crash into me" or something like that was real popular. Oh, how I loathed those times. I could never stand DMB...never ever! I never got what people were hearing that made it great.

Now I am going to go with Toby Keith. Toby "one of the good ol' boys" Keith. Yeah, he's a country music outlaw. Shut up, Toby. Take a look at Waylon, then come back and say you're an outlaw.

The Misfits. Maybe not so much now, but there was a period where it seemed they were going to reach some new heights in mainstream popularity. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the only Misfits music I can listen is when it's being filtered through Hetfield and company. The Misfits playing it themselves... Danzig solo is cool, though.

And Motorhead...man do they suck. Who is this Lemmy guy I'm always hearing about, he's dumb. In all seriousness, Motorhead is great. Way underrated in the mainstream. Anyone calling themselves a fan of music at all should have to experience the musical delights of Motorhead.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Metallica, all those garage rock bands

Anyone who said Tool or APC is insane.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."