Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawn Together

Drawn Together

This show started weak with a mediocre premiere, but in the following episodes has become one of the high points of my TV viewing.

Eight cartoon characters (obviously based on Betty Boop, Superman, Josie from the *****cats, a Disney princess, Spongebob Squarepants, Pikachu, Link from the Zelda games, and a pig that I think is supposed to be Cartman) live together in the first animated reality show.

This comes on later than South Park, and with good reason. I don't think even Trey and Matt have attempted some of the things that have been done on Drawn Together.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Edit: Okay, the name of one of the characters isn't liked by the autocensor, so I'll say instead "Josie from a cartoon band famous for wearing long tails and ears for hats."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Drawn Together

I liked the premise, but the first ep was a major let-down and it's been scraping bottom ever since with only a few slightly funny moments strewn in, many of which don't even fit with the theme of a Real World-type show. Last night with the Vietnamese children combining into a giant robot, that was pretty funny, but the rest was just lame. The worst part for me is that I wanted to like Ling Ling - the Pikachu ripoff - and especially Wooldoor Sockbat - the Spongebob ripoff - but they just don't really deliver on the parody there, though I did laugh last week when Wooldoor was reenacting the ANH garbage masher scene, the second bit from that specifically.

I dunno, it just seems like they could have really gone somewhere unique and hilarious but instead decided to go with cheap sex and bodily function and racist jokes. I don't mind offensive, I like offensive most of the time, but this is just offensively lame.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dude, I saw this show. I couldnt stop laughing. Octopussiour.........I still laugh at that.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That bit where they go back to Wooldoor in there and he goes "Threepio? Threepio!" in his best Spongebob-type voice had me rolling!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Xandir "coming out" ep was really gross, but at the same time it was hilarious. WHART HAPPENS IN BIZZARO WORLD.....STAYS IN BIZZARO WORLD!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ok, the more I watch this show the funnier it gets. Saturday night from 11-1 they are playing all 4 episodes of this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

i love this show! i was LOL as well when they reenacted the trash compactor bit! i didn't know wooldoor was supposed to be a spongebob rip off.....huh...
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I couldnt stop laughing when Toot was doing the Jabba the Hutt thing and scopped Han SOlo into an ice cream cone.

Just read COmedy Central ordered a second season of this show. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hango fett
    i love this show! i was LOL as well when they reenacted the trash compactor bit! i didn't know wooldoor was supposed to be a spongebob rip off.....huh...
    HF
    Wooldoor looks kinda like(to me) a cross between SpongeBob and a rejected Ren & Stimpy charachter.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!