Hybrid View

Question Animation cel from Fan Club?

I got some stuff from the Fan Club a while back...some posters, a calender, and there was some kind of partial animation cel in the envelope. Anybody receive something like this? It was just a partial drawing of what appeared to be a "dinosaur-looking" mouth or something in pencil, with an overlapping plastic sheet with a partially painted picture on it. It had some Japanese writing on it. It just so happens my wife is Japanese, and said it translates to say "fish". I'll scan it and post it up within the next day or so.

Any thoughts??????

Re: Animation cel from Fan Club?

There was another thread about this and several of the other people had received something like this but I think it was the from the Ewoks cartoon if I wasn't mistaken. So as far as I know you're not alone.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

YeahI started that old thread i think way back. They were cels fromt he Ewoks cartoon. Some people actually got rerally cool stuff, others liek myself got trash. I got a rock.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I received one a while back, which was nothing more than a mouth. The first thing I thought of was Bart Simpson's "collectible Itchy & Scratchy animation cell," which was nothing but Scratchy's hand.

They must have messed up somewhere, because last month I received a second membership package, with yet another animation cell, this time of flames. Took up most of the cel, but still lame. I would have preferred getting the hyperspace password that those of us who had already resubscribed just before the switchover were supposed to have gotten as part of the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    YeahI started that old thread i think way back. They were cels fromt he Ewoks cartoon. Some people actually got rerally cool stuff, others liek myself got trash. I got a rock.
    LOL! A rock, huh? Yeah, mine's just a tiny portion of the cell, looks like the mouth of the dinosaur from Toy Story or something! BTW, is your username a Pearl Jam reference???

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    I received one a while back, which was nothing more than a mouth. The first thing I thought of was Bart Simpson's "collectible Itchy & Scratchy animation cell," which was nothing but Scratchy's hand.

They must have messed up somewhere, because last month I received a second membership package, with yet another animation cell, this time of flames. Took up most of the cel, but still lame. I would have preferred getting the hyperspace password that those of us who had already resubscribed just before the switchover were supposed to have gotten as part of the subscription.
    No kidding! I got the same thing last month. I e-mailed them asking about it, and now, apparently my REsubscription just ran out, so I have to fork over more money for the password. No thanks...

I too got another set a few weeks ago, sans letters but with a Heritage promo card. Last time, I got an Ewok scooping up water in a bucket, this time I got a sweet one of Logray. So I lucked out!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram