View Poll Results: What do you think of the Episode III Trailer?

Voters
517. You may not vote on this poll
  • I totally loved it.

338 65.38%
  • I liked it.

115 22.24%
  • It was ok.

45 8.70%
  • I didn't like it that much.

6 1.16%
  • Not good, I expected better.

10 1.93%
  • I didn't like it at all.

3 0.58%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Did you like the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by bighead5
    To quote Rocketboy from earlier: "...I really hope this one doesn't disappoint like the last two efforts."
    That's the real key. I voted I liked it even though I totally loved the new trailer just as I did the trailers for Ep. I and II. I couldn't wait for the movies to come out either only to be disappointed with Ep. I and even more disappointed with Ep. II. Now, I'm afraid to get too excited about Ep. III for fear of being let down a third time. I really hope I'm wrong though because I want this movie to be great... just as we all do.

Don't let us down again, George!
    I said it in another poll quit whinning about how upset and disappointed you were with the first two movies, like anybody else could right a better story and also try to bridge the gap between the first three movies and the OT. EPII was very good, we saw Anakins darker side when he went into the Tuskin's camp, and then we saw the other side for his love for Padame.

We also saw the start of the clone wars which show us how the stormtroopers come to be. We also see the jedi order take a hit when it lost nearly 200 jedi knights and Masters. We see that the Jedi are concerned with the Senate and I think that he [Lucas] Did a great job with EP II and I really get tired hearing people complain about it. What was not to love with both EP I & EP II, they both had fights in space, grond combat and light saber duels Could it be for those who always complian that you might have expectaions that nobody could meet?

It is like a book, the chapters leading to the climactic end, there are sometimes so boring chapters but all in all, if it is a good book the climatic end makes up for the weak previous chapters.
    Last edited by thomasandrea-call; 11-16-2004 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I absolutely loved the trailer. I think that I watched it literally scene for scene at one point. I thought the addition of the ANH footage was the best part of the entire trailer because that movie and in particular that scene explained the origins of Anakin and the Sith. Lucas did a great thing with this trailer and let's hope the movie doesn't disappoint.
    I feel pretty much the same way. Loved Obi's VO from ANH, it was great seeing Qui Gon again during the "protectors of the old Republic" part, the flash to the clones in reference to the Empire. It did a very good job of pulling the PT and the OT together.

The thing about the trailer that has me the most confused is why Vader would be strapped down to the table though.

A good teaser, whetting my appetite.

After watching it numerous times I watched it backwards frame by frame to see what I had missed. Looking forward to Jan or Feb for the next trailer.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

The thing about the trailer that has me the most confused is why Vader would be strapped down to the table though.
    Think of Frankenstein's monster scenes, he's usually strapped down and then he is given the prompt to rise. When I first saw the trailer on TV, it looked like he didn't even have hands in that scene, it was really weird looking (and a second later, I was distracted by the chest box being embedded into the chest).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I forgot... Maybe it was just a light reflection, but it looked like Vader was wearing his shoulder piece from Jedi, with the silver stripes. Did you notice this too?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by bighead5
    To quote Rocketboy from earlier: "...I really hope this one doesn't disappoint like the last two efforts."
    You mean Knightfall.

(I wasn't disappointed at all with Episodes I and II)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Think of Frankenstein's monster scenes, he's usually strapped down and then he is given the prompt to rise. When I first saw the trailer on TV, it looked like he didn't even have hands in that scene, it was really weird looking (and a second later, I was distracted by the chest box being embedded into the chest).
    Yes, that is kind of what I was thinking. I recall reading something Lucas had said about they way in which Darth Vader would be revealed. It was to be sort of an homage to some classic film or films of the 30's or 40's, so the Vader scene in the trailer was like bringing Frankenstein's monster to life.

I really loved the trailer. The clips from the previous movies and the old Ben voice over helped link it all together. Seeing Sidious/Palpatine actually wielding a lightsaber was pretty cool. Plus, we got a glimpse of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

I'm not too worried about being disappointed as I actually liked Episodes I and II. Maybe episode II wasn't as great, but I still enjoyed it. Episode III looks to be great if the trailer is any indication. Can't wait until the next one.

As trailers go, I thought that this one was rather weak. There wasn't much of a flow from element to the next. For a recent example of a great trailer, take a look at how they packaged "Ray."

In terms of Star Wars, it was alright, but not great. The images used weren't terribly interesting or compelling. What's with Hayden's eyes? And while the Frankenstein thing is mucho obvious, it was lacking the proper mood which might have otherwise been provided by better dramatic lighting and smoke. As it looks now, Vader looks like he's being prepared on the set of a PBS cooking show. Once again, Yoda exhibits anger which is supposed to be in the arena of the darkside. What's up with that? The shot of the volcano is gratutiously drawn out about 4 seconds longer than necessary. I haven't been able to figure out why they did that.

Ben's voiceover just proves further that the Prequels have not followed the continuity of the OT. Unrelated and nonsensical images are placed over Ben's description of what we were told would happen. Clearly they had trouble finding relevant images primarily because there weren't any. What does Anakin flying through the desert have to do with anything Ben was saying? Nada, that's what. I'm being vindicated onscreen by the trailer. I expect more of the same with the movie.

And overall, I didn't get the sense of "story" that a trailer like this should give. I'm not suggesting that it tell the story, but that it hints at some of the dramatic turns that occur. Really, most of what we see are a lot of reaction shots by characters to some kind of unknown events. Hopefully the next trailer will calm down and reveal some of the politics and drama of the story.
    Last edited by stillakid; 11-18-2004 at 07:48 AM.

We get it, you hate the prequels.
    Enough is enough.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    And overall, I didn't get the sense of "story" that a trailer like this should give. I'm not suggesting that it tell the story, but that it hints at some of the dramatic turns that occur. Really, most of what we see are a lot of reaction shots by characters to some kind of unknown events. Hopefully the next trailer will calm down and reveal some of the politics and drama of the story.
    Thankfully for Lucas he has the luxury of people already knowing or having a general idea of what's gonna happen in this movie (hint:Ani goes bad, the twins are born, the Jedi are killed, etc.) he doesn't really have to explain the story he can showcase the incredible effects.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    We get it, you hate the prequels.
    Enough is enough.

Interesting idea. So to all the Prequel-lovers out there, is it equally okay to say "enough is enough" when it comes to praise?

The question was posed, "Did you like the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Trailer?" I answered it as did many others. The question didn't specify that only positive reviews be posted.