View Poll Results: What do you think of the Episode III Trailer?

Voters
517. You may not vote on this poll
  • I totally loved it.

338 65.38%
  • I liked it.

115 22.24%
  • It was ok.

45 8.70%
  • I didn't like it that much.

6 1.16%
  • Not good, I expected better.

10 1.93%
  • I didn't like it at all.

3 0.58%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: Did you like the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasandrea-call
    You have way to much time on your hands. Although you say you are not picking apart the third movie I beg to differ with you. I have read your rants and would like to say, If you have this amount of negativity without seeing the movie then dont go and see it. It truely puzzle's me when some one claims to be a Star Wars fans but complains because it is not to their expectations. The poll asked a simple question and for you to carry on like this over three pages is no longer about you expressing your thoughts as it becomes more about you picking apart something that you have only seen a 2 minute segment of. Get a life relax and take a deep breath.
    I have way too much time on my hands? I wish. It really doesn't take a lot of time to watch a movie, engage the brain and do a scant amount of critical thinking and review. Though I suppose it might take some people a bit more effort.

But you also have to realize that creative writing is a large part of my life. "Picking apart" plot holes and such is something I've done a lot with my own writing and with the screenplays of others. Suffice it to say, for me, it doesn't take an inordinate amount of time as you imply.

I'd also suggest that you take a breath and chill out. I'm as calm as I could possibly be. I get a real kick out of the way some people get their panties in a bunch when someone critiques their hobby, be it movies, quilting, or religion. See, I love the original films and the continuity they established for the Prequels. I don't love the way Lucas is ignoring the original films and the spirit that inspired a generation of young filmmakers. Only a true fan would care enough about the saga idea that they would take the time to talk about the positives and the negatives.

I also haven't really talked about Episode III either. Clearly you haven't really been reading what I've written. Any comments I've made about that film are relative to the trailer itself. Everything else is specific to the OT and the already released Prequel films. It's pretty amusing the lengths some of you are going to to try to discredit an opposing voice. Laughable really.

But I'll ask this: why is your post only about trying to discredit me while you fail to actually post regarding the topic itself? Who exactly has too much time on their hands, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I'd first like to say that I like the way you think. Really.
    Thank you.

But I'd also like to say that TPM and AOTC are bad movies anyway without bringing issues of continuity into the discussion.
    I guess I'm just in the minority on this one as it seems a lot of people hated TPM and AOTC. I actually thought TPM was pretty good. However, it's hard to be objective since I like Star Wars and had been looking forward to seeing it. I didn't like AOTC as much as TPM, but I still enjoyed it. After viewing the Episode III trailer, I have a feeling I'll like it better than AOTC.

It seems as though the perception of others is that I was looking for a story in which there were absolutely no surprises (given that we already know more or less what is supposed to happen). However I don't think that it was an impossible task for Lucas to give us the story that his continuity had established and embellish said story with exciting surprises within it. ... It's like the movie Titanic. We all know that the ship sinks, but the excitement and drama is built for the audience within the details. Cameron didn't change the outcome of the event just because it would be boring for an audience who already knew how it would end. Lucas didn't need to either.
    Agreed. We still know pretty much how it ends. The fun is finding out how we get to that point.

According to the OT, we know that Obi Wan Kenobi finds a guy named Anakin, realizes his Force potential, then screws things up beyond belief by choosing to train him because he thinks he can do it just as well as his only teacher, Yoda.
    I don't remember Ben saying Yoda was his only teacher, nor did he say exactly that he found Anakin. I guess I's just ignernt.

Anyway, the trailer looks cool and I look forward to seeing more. My apologies for my role in leading this thread off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Rocketboy, don't tell others how to post in here,
    I didn't. If it sounded like it, I didn't mean it to. Not what I was trying to do. Annoyance is to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    if you don't like what Stilla has to say, don't read his post
    Yeah, I plan it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    I don't remember Ben saying Yoda was his only teacher, nor did he say exactly that he found Anakin. I guess I's just ignernt.
    Nah. You just forgot. It's in The Empire Strikes Back:

BEN
    You will go to the Dagobah system.

LUKE
    Dagobah system?

BEN
    There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed
    me.

The image of Ben fades, revealing a lone Tauntaun rider approaching from the windswept horizon.

Nah. You just forgot. It's in The Empire Strikes Back:

BEN
    You will go to the Dagobah system.

LUKE
    Dagobah system?

BEN
    There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed
    me.

The image of Ben fades, revealing a lone Tauntaun rider approaching from the windswept horizon.

I guess that is just an article of faith.

Inor did he say exactly that he found Anakin.
    Oh, I forgot to address this as well. It has less to do with Obi Wan being the one to find Anakin and everything to do with Obi Wan being the one to A)discover Anakin's potential, then B)being the one to choose to train him as a Jedi.

For all intents and purposes, the story should have gone down more like this:

Obi Wan is out on some random mission or something as the Clone Wars are heating up (Palpatine is already knee-deep in his nefarious plans). Obi Wan just happens to cross paths with some teenaged kid who is a pilot of a space freighter. The ship they are on runs into trouble (asteroids or bandits or something) and this kid, Anakin, effortlessly illustrates his piloting prowess by getting away without a scratch. During this, Obi Wan "senses" the Force working within the kid even though the kid doesn't realize it himself.

Obi Wan knows that the Jedi will be in need of more trained recruits so he "takes it upon himself to train him as a Jedi" thinking that he can do it just as well as Yoda. Why not take Anakin back to the Jedi building? The Clone Wars are in their beginning stages and all the formal training is called off. There just isn't time for it. So Obi Wan brings Anakin along for the ride as he does his thing.

And just like Luke, with accelerated training comes the danger of going to the "dark side." Where Luke resists, Anakin fails and succumbs to the temptation.

All of that could happen amidst everything else during the whole of the Prequels. And of course, it ends with the audience never knowing about the pregnancy, Anakin never knowing about the pregnancy, with the audience believing that Anakin dies at the hands of Obi Wan.

Whalla! Just that easy. The rest is details.

I guess that is just an article of faith.

Nah, see "Faith" is for stuff you don't know. I KNOW what the script says. I KNOW what the actor said. I don't need faith to tell me what the intention of the story is.

However I do need faith to believe that Lucas didn't intend that the continuity of the OT to be what it says it is upfront. The more likely explanation (and one he himself has backed up) is that he is a lousy writer. He didn't understand the original storyline and proceeded to shoddily construct the Prequel films without concern for continuity. To believe otherwise relies on serious rationalization or faith that George never intended us to believe what was written so long ago. I guess you pick your poison and run with it.

I just wanted to make a pun out of 'the' being an article, but the religious analogy works well. Many people interpret things in religion differently, even though they are reading the same words. I choose to believe that Ben said 'the' out of conveniece for the situation. It was easier than trying to explain to a near dead Luke the whole situation about Qui-Gon. This is consistent with the prequels. However, in your belief system, the prequels are the Apocrypha. Thus, the Great Star Wars Schism that plagues us in these dark times.

Let's try to stay on-topic folks, we are still talking in a thread about the trailer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really enjoyed it. But then I really enjoyed the trailers for Episodes I & II only to be left a bit dissapointed with what ended up on screen, unlike when I saw the trailer for Epsode V ESB, I loved the trailer, and the movie. I just think episodes I & II had sub par acting, and super lame dialog. I'm hoping that EP III does not disappoint.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!