View Poll Results: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's fantastic

61 11.40%
  • It's ok, not bad

91 17.01%
  • Neutral

43 8.04%
  • It's not that good

95 17.76%
  • It's terrible

245 45.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

By now you've probably seen the packaging for Hasbro's Ep III action figures, but if not, here's a look:
    http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30766

There seems to be a lot of collectors who feel that Hasbro is out to get them with their upcoming Episode III: Revenge of the Sith packaging, the card is possibly the most die-cut ever (not counting the late '90s EU figure cards with their pop-up mini-scenes inside), the graphics are a sharp departure from any previous Star Wars packaging, and the bubble is another full-card, and now, *gasp* rounded. Others see this merely as a new step in the ever-changing chronicle of Star Wars collecting.

So what's your take on the Hasbro Ep 3 packaging, is it the bee's knees or the end of civilization as we know it? Vote now and speak your mind.

Re: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

I voted its not that good. Granted I have only seen pics of it, but I dont like the figure bubble shape. Looks like something Hot Wheels specials are packed in. I just wish they would go back to the POTF2 days of nuetral posed figures, give them more articulation and package the normally.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I also didn't think it was that good. It's too big and bulky and too flashy for Hasbro, IMO. Having such big blisters doesn't make for easy packing in tubs either. I'll be moving around quite a bit for the next few years so I'll have to store them away. I may change my mind at Midnight Madness though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I like it and I don't like it.
    Great image/design, but it's a bit cluttered (from what i can see).
    And it doesn't really look like a Star Wars toy, compared to the other cards they've had.
    The bubble doesn't bother me because I rip them suckers open.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I love it! I wonder if the movie will be this good?

No, really, I love the packaging. A good "fresh look" to break up the monotony of what we've come to expect Star Wars figure packaging to look like. And as long as they keep the whole twisty tie thing to a minimum, I'll be happy with whatever.

Not having seen them in person, it's hard to say, but I voted that they're "OK, not bad."

Really, I think the design seems good, and it is kind of cool to see something totally different at this point. Just the same though, I'm wondering from a collectors POV if we'll have an incredibly hard time finding these in great shape on the pegs. I've a hard enough time finding carded figures with no scratches, scuffs or dents as is -- when it comes to these, I can only imagine that we'll see a lot of crushed bubbles.

Forget being able to buy a protective case for them.
    plasticfetish.net

I HATE IT !!!!! I'm a packaged collector and what's even worse is that I'm a completist. So someone, I don't even care if they're round, but someone better be making some star cases that fit these freakin' things, that's all I gotta say!!!!! I've got about 700 packaged figures, 200 hanging on the walls in Star Cases and another 500 in the beautiful snaptoppers rubbermaid 45 qt tubs. POTF2 - EP1 fit nicely. I don't need no bulky ROUND things taking more space than they deserve. Just fortunately for me most of all the ones on the walls are saga - OTC and VOTC, animated clone wars and some other special ones that need to be displayed. Thanks Hasbro for the lovely wrench thrown in my plans.

I voted 'neutral.' I want to physically see one before I pass judgment. Regardless, the packaging won't stop me from buying them.

Even though I collect on card figures as well as loose I could care less what they come in. The fact that they will take up more space then others before is really my only complaint. Even the VOTC packaging got old to me so in the end it doesn't matter.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'm not overly impressed. The art work is kind of cool, but not really. It has more the feel of the preproduction art work. And I'm not sure I like the bubbles. I really like the style of olds, that's just how SW figure come (came). If I did have cart or basket I could easily stack a bunch up, no problem. But more than about three of these thing and I'd need a cart.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane