Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

The Deep Discount DVD sale

www.deepdiscountdvd.com

It's a reliable site, I shop there all the time for dvd's. You can trust them, but they only carry Region 1 dvd's. If you don't understand what regions are, know this: if you're in North America, you're cool to purchase without problems.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, here's the point of this thread. Deep Discount sells some cheap dvd's. Usually they're the lowest priced online dvd store you can shop at. They also offer free, but a little slow, shipping. I never have to wait too long with the free shipping (1 week usually) so it's nice to use it to save more money.

Anyway, DDD is running a sale this week. I learned about it through Fangoria and Horror Channel's message boards. The sale allows you to take 20% off your purchases, but it only applies to in-stock DVD's. No pre-orders or anything other than already released and available to purchase dvd's are applied to this discount.

You'll need to enter a code when you're purchasing. You'll see the box asking for the code when you check out. The following codes work:

NYTIMES
    BARGAINFLIX
    WGN
    USATODAY
    KLSX
    PRICESEARCH
    WCKG
    GOOGLE
    COUPONSHOP
    YAHOOSHOP

You only need to enter one of them. There might be more codes, but those are the only ones I have seen mentioned on other boards.

That's about all I know about this sale, but it seems to be very popular. If you decide to do any shopping with them, be prepared for problems. The site is getting hit hard because of this sale, and it seems they can't properly handle all of the traffic. I spent an hour today making a purchase, which consisted of me constantly refreshing the check out page so I could submit my credit card info.

So you'll either hate me or love me depending on how well your shopping experience with the site goes. I think the sale is over this Sunday, so you have this week to try and purchase from them.

I purchased the Band of Brothers set for about $67 total earlier today. I think that's a very good price for that set. So if you've been meaning to pick up some dvd's but didn't want to spend a lot, now's the time to do so. Stock up fellow dvd aficionados.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Re: The Deep Discount DVD sale

Thanks for the codes, mate. I've used them before and also have never had a problem.

I was just browsing their site the other day and I have to pick up that Nightwatch DVD for 5.99.

BTW, nice Fear of the Dark avatar.

The sale runs from 11/14 - 11/20. And here's the currently active discount codes.

Active Codes:
    NYTIMES
    USATODAY
    BARGAINFLIX
    WGN
    KLSX
    PRICESEARCH
    WCKG
    GOOGLE
    COUPONSHOP
    YAHOOSHOP
    PRICEGRABBER
    RADIO
    LATIMES
    YAHOO
    SUPERSALE
    ATLANTA

Not Yet Active Codes:
    DVDTALK
    DVDSALE
    SUMMERSALE
    DEEPDISCOUNT

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Something told me the Binks would have all of the codes. And Caesar, as I told mabudon in one of our "metal chats", Fear of the Dark is my favorite Maiden song. Thanks for the notice of it.

So, did anybody participate in this sale and what did you buy?

Like I said earlier, I only went for Band of Brothers. I'm tempted to go back and buy the Ren and Stimpy season set. Maybe some other things, too.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-15-2004 at 11:33 AM.

Cool, thanks for the codes JBF and JBB. Im about to send my moms an email telling her about this. Most of my Christmas wants are dvds so this would help her out. Im hoping she will pick me up the remaining Transformers Beast Wars box sets i need, along with a few other movies i like.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well, today is the last day of the sale.

I broke down and bought more DVD's because I thought, "It's now or never, man. Buy now and save money!"

So I went with:

Black Hawk Down 3-Disc Deluxe Edition
    Ren and Stimpy 1st and 2nd Seasons
    Hellboy Director's Cut
    Donnie Darko (bought it just in case I prefer it over the DC's)
    Chappelle's Show 1st Season

All for under $90, too. I feel good.

I'd LOVE to buy some DVDs from them but I keep getting kicked off their site.
    Lousy dialup . . .

Sucks to hear, on the school computer i kept getting booted off. At home it took forever to browse. I left it on for my mother though, and most assuredly she bought what i wanted, along with some Godzilla movies for my bro. Once again many thanks to JBB and JBF, without youse i probably wouldnt be getting some things on Christmas.
    Last edited by kool-aid killer; 11-20-2004 at 06:52 PM. Reason: forgot "it" in a sentence.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Glad to have been of help, kak.

I see you mentioned getting the Beast Wars set, I hope you do get all of them. They are a mighty fine DVD release from Rhino.

Ive got the first season of Beast Wars on DVD and they really were nicely done. I imagine the other two box sets would be of the same quality. Im somewhat on the fence with the remaining two Transformers box sets i need, its really difficult sitting through some of those episodes when compared to the awesomeness that is Beast Wars.

Those five DVD selections for under $90 seems like a real steal that you got. Further proof that DeepDiscountDVD is tops for online movie purchases.