How do you save Hyperspace quicktime to you're pc?

Hey folks,

This is kinda a technical how to question (topic), but since it deals with the Hyperspace subscription I hope it's ok here. I know the normal save option is disabled on all hyperspace quicktime media files. So in other words, once it's downloaded, you don't have the option to save it. However, I know there must be some way to get the files onto you're computer and save them permanently to whichever directory you choose. I'm not super saavy when it comes to such things, and since I have been unsuccesful in figuring it out on my own, I thought perhaps someone on the forums might be kind enough to walk me through it? Thanks in advance to whoever may be able to help
    Last edited by jad; 10-28-2004 at 03:44 PM.

Re: How do you save Hyperspace quicktime to you're pc?

Quote Originally Posted by jad
    Hey folks,

This is kinda a technical how to question (topic), but since it deals with the Hyperspace subscription I hope it's ok here. I know the normal save option is disabled on all hyperspace quicktime media files. So in other words, once it's downloaded, you don't have the option to save it. However, I know there must be some way to get the files onto you're computer and save them permanently to whichever directory you choose. I'm not super saavy when it comes to such things, and since I have been unsuccesful in figuring it out on my own, I thought perhaps someone on the forums might be kind enough to walk me through it? Thanks in advance to whoever may be able to help
    Unless the video is being streamed, a temp file is put on your computer and later erased. It's that temp file that you want. I used to know where to find this on Windows 98, but I haven't been able to repeat it with XP. I've tried doing searches on what I thought was the file name, but these guys are pretty slick when it comes to hiding content from us.

There should be a way to do it though, as i've seen the content on filesharing programs, such as winmx. I mainly want a copy so I can burn it onto a dvd and share it with co-workers on my portable dvd player.

I believe there are programs, you can download that allow you to save streamed media. Try www.downloads.com. I haven't used any yet. I've been able to save some streamed media through GetRight.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

I havent had any luck.Watching a few times and trying to get screenshots is the best I have gotten.Not good,but not bad either.Nothing you could watch again once its off though
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

On a Mac, I often am able to find files in \Library\Preferences\Explorer\Temporary Files. This would be in the Library folder within your particular user, not the Library folder at the root level. However, I'm not able to find the Star Wars trailer that way, and most of you probably use Windows, so this post is irrelevant.