Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Availability of the exclusive Chewbacca figure

Does anyone know if these are going to be hitting the stores anytime soon? All the KB's are closing by me, so I don't know if their gonna be getting any new merchandise in for the holidays, and this is no longer available on KB.com. Thinking it was gonna be another Gammorean Guard, I didn't bother to pre-order it, and now I'm wondering if I blew it, or if KB simply took it off the site until after they start shipping. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything, or if anyone works for KB, if they know if even the stores that are closing will be getting in some of these. Thanks.

Re: Availability of the exclusive Chewbacca figure

I noticed it wasn't on the website anymore too, and was wondering the same thing....

Anyone have any info on this one?

I have a bad feeling they're gonna get a handful of these in, save them for Black Friday, and watch the first scalper waiting all night for the store to open grab as many as possible before the average customer can get there. Only a matter of time before the "rare, hard-to-find," $60-plus Chewie starts showing up on ebay. Nice job by Hasbro, making an exclusive limited to a company that's closing most of it's stores. Here's hoping we'll see some more available on the website soon.

Don't know if I will get this figure or not. I'll have to see it in person. Hopefully he will show up in stores. I couldn't commit 30 bucks to a preorder when it was up. I don't have great expectaions for it. It doesn't look that much better than the POTJ plastic chewy.
    On a related note, I broke down and bought 5 different Lord of the Rings rotcast figs at TRU for 9.99 each. Man are these great. They say they are 11", but Gandalf is as tall as the GI Joe star wars body. Super detail, great sculpt and paint, wicked articulation and 10 bucks! Looking at my Jawas and Ewoks and ol stiff as a board plastic chewy I don't get why ToyBiz can make such a great product even cheaper, and Hasbro seems to fail miserably, even after almost 10 years of the modern line!

(Whew, Sorry, That's it.)

I'm torn, Fett really let me down, but I do want a 12" Chewie that's better than Ally McBacca and the plush wookiees of doom. I suspect that I'll end up waiting until KB puts it on sale for $22 or less the way they did the TIE Fighter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I waited for the eventual clearance with the 12" Gam guard, and ended up getting him for $15.

Though with the Chewy, I worry that KB might have learned thier lesson with the Tie Fighter & Gammorean and might not commit to as many units. I might just fork over the $29.99 for this one...

My interest in the 12" line has faded considerably but I do want to pick up this Chewy. Like others I'll probably take my chances though and wait for clearance or at least a somewhat reduced price before getting him.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I passed on all the OTC 12". I dont collect the line as a whoile, just what looks good to me.(or if they are on clearance.) Chewie didnt impress me much from the pictures, and since I dont have a KB close by anymore, I dont think I will be getting him anytime soon.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I called my local KB yesterday and they had one left and they put it on hold. I picked it up and my god the box is huge. I think the Packaging is worth more than the figure.

Chewy is very tall and dorky looking. I have two major complaints. One he doesn't have knee articulation and 2 his Bowcaster is missing the strap. It's too bad they didn't just blow up the VOTC Chewy for the sculpt. His legs seem to be too thin, but when you look back at the film Chewy's really tall and lanky, so maybe it not bad.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Has anyone else even seen these yet? No sign of anything at the KB's near me, and since it's getting closer to their closing date, it looks like they're no longer receiving merchandise. Still not back on the website either, and my guess is, they probably won't be. Very poor move by Hasbro. Hopefully Enertainment Earth will eventually pick these up for the same price. Either them or the Star Wars shop.
    Last edited by tagmac; 12-14-2004 at 02:57 PM.