Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Scooby Doo movie

I just watched the tiny trailer for this at the apple site and have to say I wasn't too impressed with the CGI Scooby. His voice is a bit strange as well. The poster looks cool though. Can't wait to see Sarah Michelle Gellar in those kinky boots YUM YUM!!!
    Anyone seen any clips of the movie itself yet? I think they did a fairly good job of the casting but the guy who's playing Shaggy doesn't look right to me. Maybe I'm being too picky before I've had a chance to see any real footage, but Scooby is like a childhood hero of mine and I'd hate to see him ruined any more than he was with Scrappy. What a waste of animation cells he was!
    Do all movie trailers get that guy with the deep growly voice muttering inanities over the top of the footage? I'm really getting tired of him now and want to hear some other voices doing the talking. Leonard Nimoy perhaps or James Earl Jones. People who have the class and a REAL growly voice not a forced one.

Anyway, who's going to go see Scooby? Think ther'll be any Phantom menace jokes in there? I'm thinking because of the jokes about TPM being called 'The Scooby Doo Menace'.

Sarah Michelle Gellar though... Oh boy!!!!!!
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

all I know is I will hand over the 8 bucks for it...hey, it's SCOOBY!!!

Imperial Outpost - http://www.geocities.com/potj01

The Bunker! http://www.geocities.com/nightechoes

Re: New Scooby Doo movie

Originally posted by DARTH DUBIOUS
    I just watched the tiny trailer for this at the apple site and have to say I wasn't too impressed with the CGI Scooby. His voice is a bit strange as well. The poster looks cool though. Can't wait to see Sarah Michelle Gellar in those kinky boots YUM YUM!!!
    Worry not, you have my pity. :happy:

I dunno, I really like scooby, but a live-action Scooby...it's not right. IMO it's butchering the pureness of the cartoon, which is what it was obviously meant to be. Plus the whole Batman parody got me mad, I thought they were doing a preview for Batman: Year One because I really want that movie to be made. CGI Scooby...no, everything's too CGI lately. A real dog would've been ok, hey it worked for Air Bud! Not too mention the casting is kinda...eh. I might go see this movie, but then again I might not because I can't stand Sarah Gellar... but I may just go see it so I can have the "I DID go see it!" to back up my opinion.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Re: New Scooby Doo movie

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Plus the whole Batman parody got me mad, I thought they were doing a preview for Batman
    Didn't they cancel the whole Batman Year one movie?

The only reason I'd be going to the Scooby movie would be to see Sarah Michelle Gellar if you catch my drift
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

it should be a cool movie.
    iam there!!!!!!!
    SHAGGGGYYYYY!!!!!

Jeez, I'm tired of Hollywood recycling old T.V. shows, (esp. cartoons) for movies. When did originality die? I'm also pretty damn sick of computer animated looking crap like Jimmy Neutron. Soulless. Bah, I hate everything.........

Since I practically spent 1/6 of my childhood watching Scooby Doo, yeah I'd dish out the 8.50 to go see it.

But for those who can't wait until the movie's release, catch Scooby and his friends doing a cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back which came out earlier in the year
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by Fulit
    Jeez, I'm tired of Hollywood recycling old T.V. shows, (esp. cartoons) for movies. When did originality die?
    The "Hulk - The Movie" is coming so I guess Hollywood has run out of coll original ideas for movies now!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: Re: Re: New Scooby Doo movie

Originally posted by GNT
    Didn't they cancel the whole Batman Year one movie?
    It wasn't canceled, it's just been put on hiatus I think because they can't find anyone to fund it. Not sure. I know it wasn't canceled tho, at least I hope it hasn't been canceled by now.

Back on topic, I agree with Fulit. Old things being turned into live-action or getting a movie when it didn't need it or wasn't supposed to. Just like Disney and their upcoming "Cinderella 2" and "The Jungle Book 2." Lack of originality and usually they try to load it up with alot of "cutting edge state-of-the-art imaging" to get people to ignore the fact that the movie has no real plot or originality and is just to boost a person's ego. Scooby Doo has enough movies out right now, and they are cartoon, which is a plus, he doesn't need to go CGI when too many movies are being polluted with CGI and he doesn't need to go live-action.

If I do go see it the highest price at the Cinemark is under $4. :happy:
    Last edited by LTBasker; 12-30-2001 at 05:05 AM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I can't see why they couldn't make it an animated feature length movie. If they had to make it that is y'know, simply had to make it.
    i too grew up thinking how cool it would be to have my very own talking dog who could share his scooby snacks with me. I always got it wrong about whodunnit.
    I'm going to wait and see how bad the reviews are before deciding on whether to go see it or not but One thing is sure, there's gonna be a hell of lot of merchandising for this and I for one can't get enough of scooby merchandising

*I'll be putting my badge on now, the one that says 'MUG!'*
    Last edited by Jargo; 12-30-2001 at 07:24 AM.