Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

The Official Gentle Giant Thread

We had one a long time ago in the Replicas/Props section, but its time for a new one with all the stuff going on like Mini-Busts, Statues, Maquettes Bust-Ups. So a bit of news for the 1st post.....

My Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot and Gamorrean Guard Minibusts arrived in the mail today! The Luke is 3001/7500 and the Gamorrean 183/4000. The Gamorrean came with the Princess Leia Bust-Up, and Luke came with the Han Solo Bust-Up. Couldnt find the one that came with Luke at first -kind of tucked away in the foam.

Has anybody else noticed that GG has the WORST handwriting, I can barely tell what number I have on each product. The number on the bottom of my Luke bust is almost non-existant.

Anyhow, the Clone Wars Obi-Wan Maquette has shipped out and is arriving at several etailers. I believe the ARC Trooper and Padme are shipping next!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: The Official Gentle Giant Tread

My Media Play got in a case of Bust-Ups last night. There was about 20 or so in the case. They had them at $4.99 a piece -not bad. Any ideas on how to tell which character is in what box???? The boxes are sealed!!!!

I got a very nice email from GG yesterday as well, about the Exclusive Han as Stormtrooper Mini-Bust. They said that are not available yet, but everything is on schedule and that an email will be sent out again as soon as they are ready.

And of course I just sent off my monthly re-release the Darth Vader Mini-Bust customer responce postcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    My Media Play got in a case of Bust-Ups last night. There was about 20 or so in the case. They had them at $4.99 a piece -not bad. Any ideas on how to tell which character is in what box???? The boxes are sealed!!!!

I got a very nice email from GG yesterday as well, about the Exclusive Han as Stormtrooper Mini-Bust. They said that are not available yet, but everything is on schedule and that an email will be sent out again as soon as they are ready.

And of course I just sent off my monthly re-release the Darth Vader Mini-Bust customer responce postcard.

From what I understand from the Entertainment Earth site, is the only way to gaurantee your going to get the entire selection, is to buy the case of 24, otherwise there is no telling what figure you are going to get until you open it up, or wait until they come up for sale on eBay. I was going to buy the case until I got the C-3PO mini in with my Stormtrooper bust, and was a little disappointed with the quality of the mini piece of plastic.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I remember seeing somewhere, someone had a breakout of how the case of 24 was packed. They are in an order in the flat display case. Of course if they are taken out, or mixed up, well...
    I got a set at Hot Topic and was able to get a complete set by seeing through the tiny window on the box. They had 12 or so on pegs, but you can barley make out the color of plastic inside and figure out who is who.
    The next wave may be harder as there are more dark/black looking sith figures.

I tried looking through the tiny window -but some of them were stuck and I couldnt get them turned around to see who was inside. All I really want is Yoda.

Hey guys, I'm desperately looking for a white clone bust. I'm really kicking myself 'cause I saw one hangng around a local comic shop for months before I started collecting them If anyone has any leads for me, I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I tried looking through the tiny window -but some of them were stuck and I couldnt get them turned around to see who was inside. All I really want is Yoda.
    Yoda should be fairly easy to tell since he's the smallest one. He'll probably be the lightest, and move around in the box the most. Good luck in your hunt!

Kind of a late score, but I found the Bossk bust (with all teeth this time!) at Northridge Suncoast the other night. Very very sweet!

Plus my Biker Scout cam in from Tower.com. Another awesome bust! I really dig this one.

Now all I need is Fett, regular Vader (not holding my breath for those two), Clone Trooper, and I might get Moff Tarkin as well.

The Tarkin bust is awesome! Get him while you can!

To date I have the following GG mini (?) busts (not the plastic ones, the 7 or 8 inch ones)

Darth Vader
    Boba Fett
    Jango Fett
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    White Clone Trooper
    Yoda
    Padme
    2 X Imperial Stormtroopers
    Luke in X-Wing flight suit

I plan on getting in the next month
    Gammorean Gaurd
    Bossk
    and possibly a 3rd Stormtrooper
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Sweeeeet!!

My chrome Vader bust just showed up here at work. Man, this thing looks fantastic! I was kinda bummed that I missed out on the regular edition, but now that I see how nice this chrome one looks, I'm satisfied.

The pics online really do not do this thing justice. The detail is amazing, and the real chain is a nice touch too!

I missed the Chrome Vader bust BOTH times! I lucked out and got the Chrome Jango and I'm very satisfied with him. Just wish I had at least 1 Vader bust. I dont care which.