Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

Bit of a late report, but I found 1 Mustafar Anakin at WB Wally on Sunday, and 1 Com. Bacara(sp?) at Pittston Wally same day. Both had the new
    R2 as well. I also picked up a Vader with operating table... need someone
    <hint hint> to customize the Anakin for me though, after seeing the excellent
    custom that was done by a local member here (you know who you are )

Nothing else new that I found. Target was still wiped out for the most part.
    Had the micro sets though, a few of each.

Star Wars Kubricks coming next month, I can`t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sithbaker
    Bit of a late report, but I found 1 Mustafar Anakin at WB Wally on Sunday, and 1 Com. Bacara(sp?) at Pittston Wally same day. Both had the new
    R2 as well. I also picked up a Vader with operating table... need someone
    <hint hint> to customize the Anakin for me though, after seeing the excellent
    custom that was done by a local member here (you know who you are )

Nothing else new that I found. Target was still wiped out for the most part.
    Had the micro sets though, a few of each.

Star Wars Kubricks coming next month, I can`t wait!
    Well...I'll give it a shot. No guarantees it'll look nearly as good. Just make sure you supply me with all the tiny head matches I'll need!!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Well...I'll give it a shot. No guarantees it'll look nearly as good. Just make sure you supply me with all the tiny head matches I'll need!!!
    Ok, sounds like a deal. I might have a few extra BK toys as well for payment, or a #41. Somehow I ended up with 3 of them! Not that thats a bad thing, mind you

I have been slowly building my collection thanks to the Bloomsburg Wal Mart. Last time I picked up a Clone Commander, who they must have just put on the pegs, and Tarfful.

The last time I was in Wilkes-Barre I found Meena Tills at Target. I was happy!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I have been slowly building my collection thanks to the Bloomsburg Wal Mart. Last time I picked up a Clone Commander, who they must have just put on the pegs, and Tarfful.

The last time I was in Wilkes-Barre I found Meena Tills at Target. I was happy!
    Things have been leaking out every so often around here (WB). I already have Tarkin, Bacara, and KFC Anakin.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

I was up WB on Monday and found nothing good. The Wal Mart has Mas Ameeda madness with over 25 of the blue horned dude clogging the pegs!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I was up WB on Monday and found nothing good. The Wal Mart has Mas Ameeda madness with over 25 of the blue horned dude clogging the pegs!
    Yesterday, TRU in WB had the Wookie Helicopter and the Clone Trooper
    3 packs with the green trooper.
    Also, shelf tag for 500 Vader, but no Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Sithbaker
    Yesterday, TRU in WB had the Wookie Helicopter and the Clone Trooper
    3 packs with the green trooper.
    Also, shelf tag for 500 Vader, but no Vader
    There were only three Vaders on the shelf. Random customer bought one, and Darth Alex grabbed the other two--one for him and one for me b/c I'm too lazy to get off my *** and go at a reasonable hour!!! (j/k - I was at work)

It's actually a pretty decent figure. Maybe $14.99 would be a better price though. Cool thing is that the top part of packaging is a very sturdy plastic and snaps into place so it's easy to save and use.

Sithbaker, e-mail me sometime if you want to see my KFC Anakin custom.

Sorry to all who read this about my absence from posting for so long.
    It's been a great time since 4/2 and keeping up with life, a new job, and SW collecting has been difficult to say the least.
    I stopped posting for one BIG reason after about the middle of April, at least as much as I used to-scalpers.
    Not kids, fans, collectors, obsessives, nuts(my category), wrestling fans, or anyone else but SCALPERS.
    Once I figured out that the same YAHOOS were hitting at the same times as me after reading the boards and then buying EVERYTHING new to put on ebay, well, I had to go underground for a little while.
    SithLord0498 and MottiMearl are good friends, yes Motti I've known Sith longer and NO that doesn't matter, we're all friends, anyway, they know collectors and not the scum I speak of.
    Over the past 3 months I've tried to foster good will by GIVING kids in the store the one figure I had in my hand that we BOTH wanted, shared stuff with some folks in Target that I was actually getting for 4 different people, and generally tried to share the love.
    Now that ROTS, which is honest-to-the-good-LORD one of my FAVORITE films, I'd say top TWENTY favorite films EVER, is dying down as it approaches 400 million BxOffce US, I see the scum being washed away by the next fad....which at this moment appears to be buying as many Sue Storm Alba figures from the Fantastic 4 line and rubbing them all overthemselves at home while eating BK whoppers.
    I'm ranting because for all of us who couldn't get a Red Royal Guard or a AT-TE gunner when it dropped, it was because of the scalpers.
    Granted, I HAVE gone overboard and my collecting/friends know it on the army builders. Things like buying many. many AT-TE gunners and TOO MANY Vulture Droids.
    But, now that I have decided not to Army Build and keep more on the shelf...well, I'm back to posting as well. Before I post finds, let me say I always kept some on the shelves even when I was buying for multiple friends or army building. Helping fellow fans is just great karma that helps us all.
    On to the finds, finally at long last-

Walmart- picked pretty clean. Some layaway returns(yours truly) have led to some of the Deluxe wave 3, minus the lava-hot clone 3s back to the shelves. This is in WIlkes-Barre. If you head up to Wally in DC, they got a SINGLE case of the M&M empire. Very cool, I picked up a set, SL0498 has a set, and Motti, I have you covered...more on that later, I'll give you a call. Further proof that Walmart needs to keep their pimp hand UP when it comes to stock-ONE case is not nearly enough. SInce he doesn't have a handle, Jamie(my best pal) and I hit the DC Kay-Bee and they didn't have nor have ever heard of the M&M stuff. So, Wally's the place to hit.

Kmart-deader than the career of Adema(I acutally like em, so it's a fan sentiment).

TRU/Targeeet- Force battlers wave 2 in full effect and you can ACTUALLY find all 3.

Suncoast- non-SW news...that new Mcfarlane fairy tale line thing with muffit and all that, well, they're all up there for $12.99

Hot Topic- Aqua Teen wave 1 is in, again non-SW, but I had to mention that Master Shake is flying...I got mine...go ahead, make fun.

Well, that's it for now. Still have to find the Wookie Heli and the Green-mint Clone 3 pk.
    The Vader/Chamber is cool, not the ULTIMATE figure, but a heckuva pack in, and don't dent up that hard plastic shell-it makes a great display piece.

LAST LINE NEWS FLASH- Al Boscov is back in a BIG WAY. The Tarkin wave and the Bacara wave are up in the Steamtown mall store....Burnt Ani was gone, but the other new figs, including most of #41-#44 with only one dark Wookie were there too. Darn, now I'm gonna have to look there too if #51-56 or the Evolutions are hard to grab.

Good luck...I'm back, so hopefully the posts will help other out, as that's my intention.
    'Nuff said....soon, it's CLOBBBBBBBBBBERIN TIMEEEEEEEEEE, Burger Kang!

Quick update-

Walmart/WB- they also got in a case of the Mpire wave 1 of 2 in tonight. Two sets were gone, but I have a set on hold(soon to be layaway), so MottiMearl you're now covered(I'll explain this one next time I talk to you). Anyway, this is further proof that Hasbro/Retailers need to keep it UP as far as the amounts being shipped...one case per Wally ain't gonna cut it on ANYTHING SW related.

TRU/WB- Wave 2 of the Force Battlers...there's about 6 each of Mace/Chewie/Clone in stock for thsoe who need em.

I noticed that Bryans has the ROTS basic#51-53 set in, $11.99 each. Nice to see em in, but I'll still hold out for Target/Wally World/Boscovs or even TRU for these. It's a little too early in my opinion to panic that these WON'T be seen at retail...even if figures like Tarkin are really scarce.

Well good luck...time to hit the hay, hey-hey!