Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

To all who were at the PSWCS meeting today in Ashley/WB, I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

For those who didn't hear, there is a Comic/Toy/Collectible show at the Sheraton Hotel in Scranton(near Gerritys) tommorrow from 10AM until about 4PM.
    Myself, Jamie, Sith Lord 0498 will be there with a lot of loose SW stuff, some select sealed stuff, etc. Prices will be very low, very fair, so if anyone's around stop up, it'd be nice to see some fellow fans/collectors.

Wookie Helicopter, Build your own LS kit, and the Beam Blaster are at the WB TRU....Helicopter is gone again, but will be back. Target is sitting on a TON of the Beam Blaster.

According to plan, that Anakin Evolution set should be hitting our area by the 20th(this month). And with the way stock has been, those 2 new clones pictured over at GH.com should be here by month's end.

See some of you tommorrow, and have a good one if I don't.

Kmart in WB has the 2nd wave of Mpire and 2 of the Ani/Evolutions packs. They suck, they're poorly painted(nice eye job, JEDI), and don't waste yer time.
    Walmart has 4 (2 cases, 2 per case) of the $32.99 BYO Lightsaber kit. Yawn. When photos were up in the Saga line with the actual silver hilt like the interactive Ani Saber I cared, but not now.
    After seeing and reading how Hasbro is DRIVING this repacking junk into the ground, I'm movin on.
    Good luck. Like Han says-'yer gonna need it'!

Does anyone in the PSWCS collect/play Star Wars Miniatures? I have some extras for trade/sale and need a few more. Do you have a link for a website too?

I found Stass on the speeder at the Target in WB over a week ago. Man the paint job on her face is bad! I picked out the best they had. She looks like Aunt Jemima, though.

Bloomsburg Wal Mart is getting bad. I got a Clone Pilot yesterday, the last figure I wanted/needed that they have in stock. Put more out now!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    Kmart in WB has the 2nd wave of Mpire and 2 of the Ani/Evolutions packs. They suck, they're poorly painted(nice eye job, JEDI), and don't waste yer time.
    Walmart has 4 (2 cases, 2 per case) of the $32.99 BYO Lightsaber kit. Yawn. When photos were up in the Saga line with the actual silver hilt like the interactive Ani Saber I cared, but not now.
    After seeing and reading how Hasbro is DRIVING this repacking junk into the ground, I'm movin on.
    Good luck. Like Han says-'yer gonna need it'!
    Flash forward several days later and...

Darth Alex now has the Anakin/Vader Evolutions set!!

Of course, that's only after I grabbed the set he passed on and convinced him it was worth the money.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    Does anyone in the PSWCS collect/play Star Wars Miniatures? I have some extras for trade/sale and need a few more. Do you have a link for a website too?

I found Stass on the speeder at the Target in WB over a week ago. Man the paint job on her face is bad! I picked out the best they had. She looks like Aunt Jemima, though.

Bloomsburg Wal Mart is getting bad. I got a Clone Pilot yesterday, the last figure I wanted/needed that they have in stock. Put more out now!
    I have NO CLUE what Walmart is doing.
    Hazleton.
    Wilkes-Barre.
    Bloomsburg.
    Pittston.
    Dickson City.
    Montoursville.
    Tunkhannock(sic-is that how we spells it?).

#48-53 should be out.
    Evolutions, Unleashed, Forec Battlers, Clone cases/Deluxe, Battle packs.
    I could go on and on.

Felicia in WB says the stuff is on ORDER.
    If we hear somethin up here, you'll see it here ASAP when we know.

Clone pilot-great figure.
    Yes, SL 0498, I'm getting a black one..

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Flash forward several days later and...

Darth Alex now has the Anakin/Vader Evolutions set!!

Of course, that's only after I grabbed the set he passed on and convinced him it was worth the money.

Yeah, well, sucky eyes never stopped me from getting the VOTC C3PO.

I got the Ani Ev. at the Moosic Kmart Sat and I picked up all 4 of Wv2 of the Mpire figures-love the Han(go NAVY!) and the R2, which actually has leg articulation on the sides. Maul and Dooku both have saber hand articulation-I'm sure these are plug-in limb attachment points, but it's still ARTICULATION.

Went on a big DC/Scranton toy run after watching ROTS(yes I'm a geek and no, actually I do get tail) and came up with nothing.
    When are these stores gonna learn............................................. ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    There were only three Vaders on the shelf. Random customer bought one, and Darth Alex grabbed the other two--one for him and one for me b/c I'm too lazy to get off my *** and go at a reasonable hour!!! (j/k - I was at work)

It's actually a pretty decent figure. Maybe $14.99 would be a better price though. Cool thing is that the top part of packaging is a very sturdy plastic and snaps into place so it's easy to save and use.

Sithbaker, e-mail me sometime if you want to see my KFC Anakin custom.
    Originally posted 6/30...now it's 7/18.
    I have never seen the 500th Vader except that one time.
    When is Hasbro and retail gonna pump these out.
    It's like the bad old days, when the 300th Fett and the Sith Lords 2 pack 3 3/4" were impossible to find....

Target and Walmart are due to get some toys in August per the stores today. More on that later today when I have more time & energy to type...
    Kmart and TRU got cases of stuff in Tuesday and both stores' employees said to check back 7/20 afternoon to see what came in...I would bet that Kmart will get the Battle Pack(Obi/Clone) in WB and TRU....Wookie Copter, I hope.
    I'll post more later and if I find anything, I'll get it here soon so everyone can get a shot.
    PS-MottiMearl, I'll grab the copter off of you...I have the Yaurna(sic) for trade...

I called Kmart and Target in WB today-nothing new in. Ginger/Kmart said there was new SW stuff in yesterday, but apparantly no new Evolution, basic figure cases, or Battle Packs OR Mpire cases were in it. They got more lightsabers, apparantly.
    While nothing new showed up today, there is still hope.
    I posted the following in another ROTS toy thread:

Re: What have you found?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fluke Skywalker
    Report from Ohio

Tarkin Wave twice (At two seperate Meijer stores)
    Baccara Wave once (Meijer again)
    Ani/Vader Evolutions once (K-Mart)
    Battle pack Jedi/Sith once (K-Mart)
    Target glasses (Han, Yoda & Boba) Once

No 500 Vader. No Clone 3 packs.

It's been slim pickin's to say the least. Walmart, TRU & Target have been devoid of new stuff since late May. It's quite pathetic.

I'm in NE Pennsylvania and it's been just as bad.
    HOWEVER, the good news I got yesterday will hopefully help us ALL out.
    Target is resetting for Christmas the 1st week of August. According to Keith the Wilkes-Barre PA toy mgr, most Targets are going to see a relocation of stock(games, puzzles) to places them belong, and we'll get left with a 8ft section for basic stuff like figures and vehicles. He said the requests for new stuff and restocks are mutliple EVERY SINGLE DAY and that will factor into a lot of new stuff(we PRAY) in August around the 15th. He also said the restocking by computer will hopefully be quicker due to the demands-it's being watched closely. Now for those of you nowhere near here, this Target has been GREAT before this current drought, so I believe ol' Keith.
    Walmart in the same town has a REALLY active toy mgr names Felicia. She is resetting the toy dept the week of the 8th and expects it completed the 15th. She has actually had a few conversations with Hasbro in July about getting restocked and new product in and they keep telling her that there is a lot of stuff in the "pipeline". Again, this Walmart has been EXPLOSIVELY good with new and restocks, so I think that by 3rd week in August, last week in August, Walmart will start hitting again.
    My local Wilkes-Barre Kmart has a mgr named Ginger, they are doing Christmas inventory AS I WRITE THIS. New stuff should continue to trickle in, but August is expected to be the big start of new figures and Evolutions and Battle packs-she specifically mentioned the push of these items by nmae w/o my prompting, so I believe her, too.

I call and actually can have a nice conversation with folks about the 'Wars.
    I guess with the popularity of ROTS and the sales, SW isn't being treated like a leper anymore.

Now, I called TRU yesterday and they indicated that they got some SW cases in.
    However, none are of the 500th Vader or the Wookie Helicopter like we need-it's more of the lightsabers.
    Don't you wish we could ALL be like General G with 4 arms and opposable feet to buy 4 lightsabers and use them in GALACTIC PLAY?
    I just called the Hasbro helpline(327-8264, toll free!) and mentioned that they need to get cases of everything from the Republic Gunship to waves 4-6 of the Basic figures to the new stuff out NOW.

So, there is hope, but it would sail in until August, I guess.

Happy hunting...

Subject : Re: [PCS] 500th vader
    Kmart in Berwick, Pa has ONE 500th Vader and ONE Green Clone 3-pack.
    Walmart in Bloomsburg, Pa has all 8 of the wave 2 Titanium, 2 of Barris 12",
    1 of Shakk Ti 12", and one each of the Clonetrooper and Mace force Battlers.
    I figured I'd post this to try a help things out...oh, and Hall of Heroes on
    main in Bloom has all 4 wave 1 of the Titanium for $6.99 each-better than
    double on ebay. They have one set and then a couple of all but the X-wing.
    Darth Alex

I posted the above to the PSWCS mailbox, but it never showed up.
    While I try and figure out what I did wrong, thought I'd let everyone here know what I found.

I'm gonna try TRU tommorrow and Saturday for the new Obi-Wan starfighter exclusive.
    Sith Lord 0498 hit the Wilkes-Barre Kmart and found nothing new...he said the same was at another local one; I forget which.

That's all for now.