Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

I think I'm gonna let Darth Alex do the running around these last few weeks. I need the break!!

While it seems the retailers are locking down on ROTS for now, I was pleasantly surprised to find a single Darth Tater on the shelf at the WB TRU. I never realized just how big these Potato Heads are. Not bad for $7.99
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    I think I'm gonna let Darth Alex do the running around these last few weeks. I need the break!!

While it seems the retailers are locking down on ROTS for now, I was pleasantly surprised to find a single Darth Tater on the shelf at the WB TRU. I never realized just how big these Potato Heads are. Not bad for $7.99
    I told SL I was gonna stop huntin yesterday....well I had time to kill on lunch, so I stopped at Target in WB...found the Anakin/Dooku and the Palp/Yoda Galactic Heroes there, under $11 for both, promptly traded to SL since I don't collect em and he does. Despite Target shutting down the registers for ROTS stuff, it was cool to sneak these past.

Wookie Water Blastas are still over at TRU, they had 4 today.(It seems the hunt will never end when I have a lunchtime hour to killa).

Walmart is dry as a boneyard, however, the ROTS Yoda and the ROTS Obi sabers are still there if you can use the force to ring them up.

I guess that will do it for the finds. Clone Wars Volume 1 is out on Tuesday(3/22/05) and I hope we all have the budget to get it. I'm chompin at the bit to get it and will be taping the Season 3 to just watch over one hour.

'Nuff said.

Quick updates-
    3/18, Friday-

WB/Wally got in all 6 of the Jedi Force Playschool. Vader's back, Chewie's back, saw Anakin/Ep3 and Yoda/Ep3 for the first time(Luke and the Droids are still pegwarming).

Target/Dickson City(moving around a LOT today) had one single Grevious Wheel Bike(regular 3 3/4" line). It rang up-19.99+tx, great item, at this point they should just throw em out for everyone, darn it!

From the Lego section:
    It's very late, so I'll be brief.
    I wandered into the Bloomsburg, PA, Super 24-hour Walmart after work tonight and literally walked into a huge pallet display for the Ep3 Lego toys.
    Very cool stuff....had the:
    -Tri-Droid
    -Anakin's Starfighter (not seen in this store despite it being out)
    -ARC 170 Fighter
    -Grevious Wheel vs Obi-Wan/Boga
    -Wookie "set" (again, it's late, I forget the name, but it's a pretty expansive set)
    -Mustafar Duel (the light-up sabers are great, and Obi-Wan is hood up)
    I was very suprised to see this display, the normal center-of-the aisle deal, with Lego POP(display materials) and BIG price numbers. I think the most expensive items were $29.99-the duel, the ARC, both of those, definitely.
    The Bloom Wally also got in a whole case (2x2x2) of the Unleashed IG-88 wave(Sith Lord, I put one Stormie on hold in case you want it, I know you were waffling on this one....)
    I don't collect the SW Lego due to room and $$$, but that Duel set is really sweet. Good luck and if you collect I hope all of you that do run into the same thing tommorrow!

I'm goin' to bed. I DO believe that this Lego thing in Bloomsburg is not a tease or a mistake by the overnight crew. Other than the already out Anakin's SF, those 5 other set are ripe for the pickin and the layway at THAT location is on 24-7, ya just have to ask. So if anyone is readin this and is raren'(boy, look at the antiquated SLANG) to get em tonight or this morning, I'd say you'll be in luck.

Off topic- Marvel Legends wv.9(Galatus(sic) making-wave) and restocks of wv.8 are showing up at Walmarts on either Thursdays or early Fridays like clockwork, if you buy em....

Good luck

Lego display AND toys are gone from the floor in Bloom PA. Walmart's...ahem...staff have no idea if it was pulled for 4/2 to the back or sold out-if it did sell out, I hope I helped people reading this get em-it's a nice feeling to finally see the new stuff!

BTW-I'm calling the WB Walmart to see if ANYONE in Mgmt. will bend the rules a little for layaway on 4/2 midnight madness. I called last night and got a rude night Mgr who was a little too Orwellian on the CLOSED AT 10:30PM tip. If the WB Wally will layaway, that will really make me want to hit it before TRU(it's a $$$ thing, you undastand!)...

Considering my MM Madness list has shrunk from $300 to just over $100 after tax, I think I might just get all my toys at TRU. I'll still hit up WM as well, but only to see if they have copies of The Art of Revenge of the Sith and The Making of Revenge of the Sith for a cheaper price than Barnes and Noble. As for the figures and Unleashed, it'll be TRU. Maybe if I spend $60, I'll get two holo Yodas out of the deal and open one.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Much to my surprise, I scored a Grievous wheel bike at K-MART tonight for $26.49. They have an Obi-Wan Starfighter on the shelf (in the LEGO aisle for God only knows what reason) if you want it. I had no problems at the register. I'm thinking it's because the Sneak Preview Anakin Starfighter is also from the medium assault vehicles assortment and they share the same "file" in the register.

Yeah, they're charging $25 for the ship, but do what I'm gonna do. Buy it now, buy it again at WM on 4/2 and take that one back to K-Mart.

Quick update-
    Walmart is gonna be the place to go in NE PA for the non-NCAA midnight madness.
    TRU is both WB and DC(PA, people, not Washington!) are NOT opening for 12:01AM NOR are they getting the Holographic Yoda as of now.
    KB is charging $7.99(!) a figure. Kmart is just sad.
    Target will have the POTF2 LAVA Vader, but don't seems to be very helpful and according to their toy dept, there is NO WAY they will open at midnight.
    The Walmart in WB is planning on having the layaway open special to help out collectors, too.

Unexpected all this was, but that's what I know-and Wally Worlds' whereIAMGOING!!!!

Well, well, well. It's VERY late, but all the extra sleeping I've been indulging in lately is allowing me to pull an all-nighter extending into early afternoon...

Myself, Sith Lord 0498, and my friend Jamie(Brother James as I refer to him) hit the Wilkes-Barre Walmart for midnight madness. We got in "line" if you can call it that at 11PM(EST).

What a mess.
    Not in site:
    Basic figures 33-40, plus NO Red Guards
    no 12" Anakin
    Arc-170 absent
    any Battle Buddies
    any Attacktix deluxe
    no Titaniums at all

They had one case of the 12"ers out. SL got the Sidious, Jamie got the Greivous, and me and Jamie each got 1 of the 2 Clones/Red mark.
    Kids had stuff ripped outta their hands by adults. The stock people handled the extra pallet of basic/deluxe figures poorly.
    The Unleashed were restocked, maybe 4 times. NOT enough Gen G to go around.

I'm going out to Pittston and DC Walmarts to try any score a Sidious and a Gen G 12"s for myself, and then hitting Target and TRU to try and find the Arc and the 33-40 Basic figures.

This was, in my opinion, a disaster.
    TRU would've had a ROCKIN' display and would've had more stuff I'm sure.
    Word is Kmart jumped the gun in WB and have 15-20 of the 12" Anakin.

Good luck wherever ya go in NE and CNTRL PA.
    For anyone else in the country/world reading this, I hope your hunts go smoothly this weekend and you find what you want in one place.
    I was happy at first because Walmart have the great prices and the layaway was open, but.....I'll just quit gripe-in! I'm happy to be reading the novel and have some stuff I really wanted...more to come today!

More of the same disappointment this morning up in Dickson City. Many items were still absent: ARC-170, Mustafar playset, figures 33-40, etc. The tent sale in Dickson City was quite a disappointment, and it also started 45 minutes late b/c the tent was rained out and merchandise had to be moved indoors.

The one bright spot was that the Dickson City TRU received a single case of 12 holographic Yoda figures that could be sold for $9.99 each. They were handed out to the first 12 people in line with a one per person limit. Darth Alex and I were fortunate enough to be in that group.

The first official day of ROTS merchandise, and it already feels like the same old sh** from Hasbro's distribution...

I'm 2 days late chiming in, but myself and Sith Lord have been back and forth on the phones on this issue-the NON-apperance of a lot of stuff on 4/2.
    I called Hasbro today, and they indicated to be patient, the line is having a drawn out release.

The first official day of ROTS merchandise, and it already feels like the same old sh** from Hasbro's distribution...says Sith Lord and I couldn't agree more.
    Look, I am PLEASED as PUNCH with the stuff I got this weekend. It's just that with all the web speculation and Hasbro's updates, it was only reasonable to see the playsets/battle arenas, the ARC-170, the figures 33-40, better packing on the guards.
    That takes the cake. The Red guards....not only DON'T they have force pikes, but they also are IMPOSSIBLE to find.
    I contiuned my rant in the OTC section of the forums on the Titanium collection issue. Please chime in with some advise or an opinion.
    I just hope all the stuff we want comes out and Hasbro doesn't pull a TPM in the summer....I may be jumping the gun, but I'd just like to see the line through without early cancellations....which, of course, would be PAR for the COURSE...