Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

Hey guys, argued with the lady tonight so i went for a ride.

WB Wally had nothing on the second trip as well, wont surprise me if I was off both time and stuff gets put out while I'm not there.

DC Wally had nothing, lady said she put one box out last night and that was it.

I did some customizing when I got home.

Made the Tank Gunner into a SA Clone, he looks a billion times better. The gunner is now holding a AOTC Helmit, doesnt fit though.

By the way, the heads pop off easy on all of these, they jsut dont fit each other perfectly, but that wont matter if you are just displaying them. Took heads off of a #6 and Deluxe and put them on the SA Clones, they look great! I'm going to torture my buddy Adam to get some pics up for me. I'll keep you posted.

Doc aka Mearl

Now, that I have a day off, I can stay up late and do some postin!

It's been a crazy April-we can all see that with the erratttttttic way stores in NE PA are putting out the new stuff and restocking(NOT!)
    So, here's a all-too short report once again:

KB/Columbia Mall/Bloomsburg 3 of the Ani-PUNCH vs. Dooku Battle Arena in. Picked up a lady I like a plushy Yoda, I've been told she likes the iconic green one . Yes, that's right friends, I'm now buying over women by being a geek .

Walmart/Bloomsburg- the 2 Clone Commanders were snatched up by a fella I recognized from OIP in Bloom-nice find, from the Holy....he screamed. As of 4PM today, they had one exploding GG left, other than that a niiiiice mix of 4/2 stuff. Oh, and they have all 8 of the 2nd wave of Titanium finally-just where is the 1st four? Anyone know?

And...that's it for now. It's 12:30AM on my watch, just got off with Walmart in WB(you can make fun of me tommorrow, SL 0498!) and they got in NO NEW SW stuff tonight . We can all sleep in.

Well, good luck.
    And if yer geek like me, I'd say BATISTA has about a good 22 hours left with the WWE Championship. HHH should pivot back to continue his dominance as the most connected(tm) wrestler alive, since Steph McMahon is his hunneybunney.
    (Yes, I watch wrestling, too. And I actually score once in a while.... )

Quote Originally Posted by MottiMearl
    Hey guys, argued with the lady tonight so i went for a ride.

WB Wally had nothing on the second trip as well, wont surprise me if I was off both time and stuff gets put out while I'm not there.

DC Wally had nothing, lady said she put one box out last night and that was it.

Doc aka Mearl
    It's not you, Wally in WB is REAL erratic anymore. Ask SL 0498, I just returned a TON of stuff due to space and $$$ concerns, so the stuff people saw on Friday was a MASSIVE return of hot stuff, not a restock.
    Mid-week seems to be good in WB, but who really knows. 04/05 was such a weird month, still have to get the AT-TE gunner, keep missing the craptacular Target(tm) Clone, didn't find basics #41-44 yet, no Mustafar playset, you get the point.
    Hang in there, I'm sure MAY(39 minutes fresh!) will be much better. It's gotta...the movie is HERE in less than 19 days and that 500 pound gorillas GOTTA get some toy movement in the stores, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    It's not you, Wally in WB is REAL erratic anymore. Ask SL 0498, I just returned a TON of stuff due to space and $$$ concerns, so the stuff people saw on Friday was a MASSIVE return of hot stuff, not a restock.
    Mid-week seems to be good in WB, but who really knows. 04/05 was such a weird month, still have to get the AT-TE gunner, keep missing the craptacular Target(tm) Clone, didn't find basics #41-44 yet, no Mustafar playset, you get the point.
    Hang in there, I'm sure MAY(39 minutes fresh!) will be much better. It's gotta...the movie is HERE in less than 19 days and that 500 pound gorillas GOTTA get some toy movement in the stores, right ?
    What exactly did you return?
    The only one I need for myself right now would be a #41 SA Clone, although, I made some by putting # 6 heads on AOTC SA Clones, they look great. The Gunner looks a billion times better with a SA body. When there are more around I may try to take the head off and slap it on an SA Clone, right now its just the helmet, looks great though.
    Sith Lord talked me into putting the Mustafar Anakin on my list...dam you!

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by MottiMearl
    What exactly did you return?
    The only one I need for myself right now would be a #41 SA Clone, although, I made some by putting # 6 heads on AOTC SA Clones, they look great. The Gunner looks a billion times better with a SA body. When there are more around I may try to take the head off and slap it on an SA Clone, right now its just the helmet, looks great though.
    Sith Lord talked me into putting the Mustafar Anakin on my list...dam you!

Doc

He returned that large influx of figures that showed up a few days ago. It included:

Jetpack Clonetroopers
    Darth Vader on operating table
    Vulture Droid
    Polis Massan
    Palpatine (blue saber)
    Clone Commander
    Vader Medical Droid

Of course, they were gone within a few hours.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I returned some army builders outta Wave 2 Deluxe. I also had picked up an extra Deluxe Vader/operation! for a friend...and one for me(I still have no idea why, I was going to have one assembled and one apart, but changed my mind I guess....).
    Anyway, I also had some of #33-39 minus the AT-TE gunner, but a friend that I picked em up for will NOT have the cash for a loooooong time, so back they went. That's the bad thing about finding new stuff at Walmart when layaway is closed. I try to help out friends and fellow fans as much as the wallet allows, but there is just too much stuff at one time sometimes.
    I am VERY glad to see that all the stuff I took back went on Friday. It just shows that interest is high and for the record, Walmart, the more sold is the more that should be stocked!
    I've talked about this with SL 0498 many times and army building has become a real....interesting prospect. On one hand, I'd love to make some dioramas when I move on to my next apartment. But really, the amount of time and money involved just doesn't make it possible. I usually like to get a little squad of different clones, maybe 2, maybe 4. When it comes to other figures, if a figure has a LOT of accessories or different heads(ala Palp #36), I'll buy 2 or now 3 in the case of Anakin w/Dooku's saber(figure #1, I think).
    Anyway, if I have extras of stuff, I usually try to buy only what I need or friends ask to have grabbed if I'm out. Hoarding is just not cool, although, yeah, as SL 0498 will attest I sometimes go a little overboard on the Clone-tip.
    I'm heading out early this week, if I see anything, I'll post it here. I haven't been looking too much last month, but folks it's MAY, BABY. The 19th is starin us down....as Hogan will surely say at Backlash tonight...
    "What ya gonna do, BROTHA? MAY 19th! STAR WAAAAAAAAARS! REVENGE, BROTHA! REVENGE, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNIN WILLLLLLLLD! CHOPPED OFF LIMBS! TWIN BABIES! MIND WIPES! RUNNNNNNNNIN WILLD! 26 INCH PYTHON FLEXING LIGHTSABERS INTO
    Ok, I'll stop now, you get my silly point.
    I plan on looking a lot MORE this month. With the movie in tow, there will (are you listening retailers?) NEVER be a better time to put out SW toys.
    'Nuff said.

As far as the Clones, I aw the different colors as a Cashcow, but I got the EE ones anyway!
    I converted everything to SA. I got figures out of the one Gunner I had. A SA Gunner and a AOTC SA Clone with removable helmet! Both look great.
    The head swapping on the others worked out cool as well.
    I like all the Clones to have the samw "Uniform look" hence the SA conversions.
    So I will buy the variations and try to convert them if I could. Depends on if I get more EE Clones! I'd still like one or 2 #41 SA Clones though so keep those eyes peeled boys and girls. I'll be hold up for a month after surgery, can't drive! There are a few others I'd like, can't buy em all, but SL talked me into the Mustafar "Aani" bastard! Tarkin is a must, Commander B. At-RT gunner, might be a few others. Are there any pics around of the Evolutions Target Pack? Once I learn to use a certain machine my buddy has, I can have some rewards for those who help me out!

As of 3:00 pm, WB Target had two exclusive Clonetroopers left on the pegs for $12.99 each. You can also find nearly a dozen Clone Commanders, half a dozen exploding General Grievous figures, several red saber Palpatines, and a lone Clone Pilot.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

This is a little off the beaten path (a la non-Hasbro), but I thought it'd be interesting nevertheless. The WB Best Buy has several of the exclusive MR Darth Sidious mini-sabers in stock, and they will be receiving an allocation of the standard edition ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi mini-saber either the end of this week or the beginning of next week. One of the employees checked into it for me yesterday and agreed to make an exception to store policy by reserving one for me when they arrive.

I know trying to find the newest figures can be frustrating. Therefore, I truly suggest investing in these MR sabers if you're getting tired of the Hasbro hunt. I have four of these pieces already, and I find more satisfaction in them than any of the ROTS action figures so far.

The ones you showed me were amazing...stay away!
    I am already hooked on the "Crackbricks!"