Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

Target in Wilkes-Barre has three Anakin Starfighters in stock at $19.99 each.

Short...
    Simple...
    ...and to the point.

Hmm...rare for me
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

As of 10:30 am this morning, the Wilkes-Barre TRU had two Wookiee Blaster Super Soakers left at 14.99 each. They are with the other Super Soakers along the left wall of the building near the bathrooms and Animal Alley stuffed animals.

Also, TRU and Target still have 3-4 Anakin Starfighters each at 19.99.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

How's this for stupidity??!!

Well, I think I know why the Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart has such a hard time moving SW product...

THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOCK IT WHERE IT BELONGS!!!

I went there tonight, hoping some figures leaked early. Nothing there except a lone Tion Medon. OK, no prob. I walked over to the Playskool section to look for Darth Tater and what do I find...

Three HASBRO JEDI STARFIGHTERS ON THE PLAYSKOOL SHELF!!!

Oh yeah, and about another EIGHT OR NINE on the overstock shelves!!

Gee...you think those are gonna sell quick??

Oh yeah, so if anyone's looking for the Jedi Starfighter, WB Wal-Mart has almost a dozen in stock at $19.96 a piece.

Just make sure you take a left at Strawberry Shortcake and if you've hit the action figure aisle, you've gone too far.

Since the school districts around here seem to think five minutes in the cold will scar a kid for life, I didn't start work until 10:30 this morning.

So......toy run!!!

Complete wash-out!! Here's the details

Wilkes-Barre Target: nothing new
    Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart: nothing new
    Hazleton Wal-Mart: nothing new (did have two 12" Garindans though)
    Dickson City Wal-Mart: nothing new
    Dickson City Target: a single Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter

Here's to hoping things start leaking around here soon...

Just a little heads-up from a secondary source. Darth Alex called me around 9 this morning to tell me the K-Mart in Berwick had the first 12 Collection 1 figures out this morning. I know he bought a few and there were only one of each, so I don't know what he left behind. Unfortunately, K-Mart is still charging $6.99 a figure.

Even if Berwick doesn't have much left, starting checking K-Marts in the area, guys.

Much thanks to Sith Lord for carrying on with the updates when I can't get to a com pu tooor.
    Anyway, it's late, I'm punchy, here's a quick one:

3/10- forever in debt to SL 0498, grabbed the ONE Obi-Wan fighter from Target in DC/PA. Nice vehicle, will post review tommorrow night for what it's worth after watching Lucas on 60". He is on this week, I think....

3/11- nothing found, but did confirm that WB/PA and DC/PA TRUs are seriously considering doing the midnight thing 4/2 and that both should have the Holo Yoda giveaway...sweet.

3/12- Happy days are here again, yada da da da....anyway, yeah, found all 12 Collection 1 figs at the Berwick Kmart, $6.99 each. Didn't have any price info from the net to get the price matched lower. Not to brag, but it's been a nice day. I'll post reviews tommorrow. Overall the 12 get a collective 4/5 stars, RS rating scale-wise(Rolling Stone, not Rebelsc...). Hazleton Kmart got the same case, but will hold it until 4/2 .
    It's nice to have the figures...lotsa suprises...Supa BD has a "fire" attachment for the right arm....Grevious's 4 arms have a better action feature than I thought they would; up and down not swirling around(that IS what I thought)....Obi/Ani hand pluins are great, we've been crabbin for years to Hasbro to do something like this, something in the Gundam/Oriental toy market with accessories, noew we finally have em, and they are sturdy and LOOKIN COOL.

Good luck huntin, less than 20 days to go now!

since he's at work, props go out to Sith Lord 0498 for his find of the year today....

I get a call from SL 0498 about 8:30AM today, and in a half hour I'm up at the Wilkes-Barre Walmart. Thanks to him, I scored most of the 1st wave of Collection 2 figures. I'll let him have the glory of posting, but this is a heads up to all the NE PA collectors, when I left a couple hours ago they still had some new figures...Tarrful(sic), R2, Yoda/spinning, a few more, and all 3 lightsaber from the first case...Obi, Yoda, and color-change, Vader.
    Good luck hunting...called Pittston Walmart...the rude ladies there said nothin show'd up, and they seems sick of the "cawls". Yeah, yeah, you're really gonna be sick when both a wave of SW fanatics and Hulk-a-maniacs hit you both in the same weekend...4/2-SW....4/3-Wrestlemania 21!

'Nuff said for now and the MVP of March for finding almost the whole 40 figure release at one time before 4/2 is Sith Lord, the bad mother!

And to think, I was just going to WM to pick up something for lunch and return some tap lights from a GG minibust display that failed miserably.

They had about 10 pegs filled to capacity, and the figures that were doubled and weren't doubled lead me to believe that they have half-empty cases in the back b/c they ran out of room. Within 30 minutes, we cleaned all but 10 figures or so. My seven, Darth Alex's one of each (and some for his friend Jamie), and a middle-aged woman there who also got one of each for her high-school aged son.

As of tonight (b/c I went to pick up my 3 remaining on layaway), they had 2 or 3 Tarffuls (horrendous paint job BTW), one Chewbacca (another bad paint deco), one of the spinning attack Yodas, and SBD, and two ROTS Yoda sabers (Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan are now gone).

Bad news is that I read a report from a collector who went later. He asked a toy dept. employee (probably the dept. mgr.) if there were any more in the back. She checked but came back saying something along the lines of "These weren't supposed to be out. I'd take what you've got and go."

So...don't know how likely it is they'll release any more figures early. However, that was earlier today, and they hadn't removed the leftovers by the time I was there around 7:00 or so.

Either way, there's only another 2.5 weeks, and now I've got less to worry about come 4/2/05.

Oh and one more thing...

Keep your eyes open at Target in the next few days. On a hunch, I entered the DPI (or whatever it's called) number for the Medium Assault Vehicles into the price scanner. While the shelves are empty, the computer stated they were in the stockroom. I wouldn't advise asking an employee to pull the case b/c they might see the date. Instead, get there early these next few days. Either they'll put them out early or maybe you can sneak them off the pallets.

Good luck, guys. I think I'll be in hibernation these last two weeks (unless of course Darth Alex gives me a wake-up call from Wal-Mart).

Darth Alex,

I looked at the threads and decided to leave them because it isnt that big of a deal at this point. Just dont start any other threads for this area and it will be good.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Darth Alex,

I looked at the threads and decided to leave them because it isnt that big of a deal at this point. Just dont start any other threads for this area and it will be good.
    Kidhuman, thanks for looking into things. Yer right, I think this will be the thread of choice, with the exception of anyone posting from Pittsburgh or Central PA(never could figure out why no one near Philly posts....strange)

For those of you how don't know, TRU, KB, Kmart, and now Target and Walmart are blocking figure sales. Per Sith Lord 0498, the new Yoda lightsaber wouldn't ring up today. So...I gues the wait until 4/2 is on. I'll still try again at Walmart for the heck of it on 3/21 and 3/28, WB PA seems to be good that day and I have my weekly shopping to do anyway, but I don't expect too much.

Also of note-the Target deal on 4/2 with this Lava Vader reeks of stupidity. After going out for midnight, I REFUSE to stay up all night to get this figure. I'll show up about 7AM, but to camp out, well, us 30-yr-olds need our geek sleep