Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

If you're looking for AT-RTs and ARC-170s, TRU in WB's got 'em.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart received a single case or two of 33-40 last night. Not much left expect a few Clone Commanders. Apparently, they're "staggering" out how much they put on shelves.

However, they have more than a few of the new deluxe figures. Darth Vader w/ Operating Table and Clonetrooper w/ Jetpack are most abundant. There may even be a Vulture Droid left.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

I can't believe this thread exists! I live in between Wilkes-Barre and Bloomsburg.

I haven't been looking at the new figures since I don't want to be spoiled for the movie.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I can't believe this thread exists! I live in between Wilkes-Barre and Bloomsburg.
    Unfortunately, it seems to be a party of two in the NEPA section, and Darth Alex and I do quite a few of our toy runs together anyway so it almost seems pointless to keep posting in here at times. It's nice to know there's somebody else benefitting from it.

Now, if we can just get more people to post their finds (or lack of)...

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Unfortunately, it seems to be a party of two in the NEPA section, and Darth Alex and I do quite a few of our toy runs together anyway so it almost seems pointless to keep posting in here at times. It's nice to know there's somebody else benefitting from it.

Now, if we can just get more people to post their finds (or lack of)...
    Well that isn't really true, any time I have posted in the past, they were always ignored, I check this thread all the time. I am very appreciative of the posts that are here, but feel almost like anythingI have said has fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.
    Any way today i did ind the new deluxe figure at Walmart in Dickson City. Picked up Darth Vader on the operating table, Yoda w/ Can-Cell, and the Clone Trooper w/ jet pack.
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo111
    Well that isn't really true, any time I have posted in the past, they were always ignored, I check this thread all the time. I am very appreciative of the posts that are here, but feel almost like anythingI have said has fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.
    Any way today i did ind the new deluxe figure at Walmart in Dickson City. Picked up Darth Vader on the operating table, Yoda w/ Can-Cell, and the Clone Trooper w/ jet pack.
    Actually, that isn't really true. You've posted once in this particular thread, and that's it. In the old thread that I started, you posted plenty of times as did other people, and all of us replied and commented on each other's posts. I just finished reading all those past posts in both threads, so I know that's a fact. Another fact is that you've posted on these boards once between last October and today. Doesn't give us much to respond to, does it?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk, but the truth is that for the past several months there have just been two people posting finds in this thread.

The only way a message will fall on deaf ears is if it comes from a mute mouth. Join in the discussions here.

And BTW, good to know they've reach Dickson City as well. Pittston WM also had a single Vader operating table, a single Vulture Droid, and one Mas Amedda this afternoon.
    Last edited by Sith Lord 0498; 04-21-2005 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fact-checking

It is good to see some re-curring posters on this thread. Hopefully, the finds will keep coming for us all.
    I talk to Sith Lord 0498 quite a bit as we are friends and that kinda limits how much I post-I'm either working, talking about SW, or hunting for figs...at this point, I should have a palm pilot or a Blackberry to make posts(or a Jedi DEX!) while I'm out.
    I don't always post due to time constraints, but it is nice to be reminded that others are benefiting from the posts. I believe the more SW sells in NE PA, the more we ALL benefit-look at the WB Walmart-they can't keep the stuff in stock.

And no ones post goes on deaf ears here, I just don't always reply again due to the fact that after all the above activities, I still don't get enough sleep.

Anyway, good luck, Walmart seems to hit mid-week, I hope it stays like that year-long!

OK.
    Just arrived.
    I knew SirSteve way back when he was looking for a name for his site, its been a long time since I've been here...anyway,
    As far as posting, I never knew about this board. There are allot of boards, and no Star Wars Collector can be a part of or let alone lurk on all of them.
    I am a part of PSWCS, which I assumed allot of people knew about.
    There are great people there, but its not perfect. I have found that there are allot of lurkers. I hesitate now to even post.
    A while back I had a hankering for chips that only Wegman's carries, so I decided to stop at the WB Wally this was around Midnight. I found the figures I was looking for, I collect mostly Clones. I picked up one each of the Commander and Gunner (I'd like a few more of these after I opened him!) and a set minus a Commander and Pilot for a friend.
    I then Posted to PSWCS.
    I know people have scored since then, but there was no response to my post, nothing, no thank yous, not a word. I have not seen anything remotely new at the WB Wally since, other than some Deluxe which were cleaned out the other night when I was there, no Clones, just Yoda.
    I buy a few things for myself and two other friends, we are not huge Army builders and I never clear the shelves, I always leave something for someone, even if its an army builder I want. If I was standing in front of the pegs with the last 3 Clones and they were for my friends, if someone walked up I would hand them one, they made the trip, they get first shot. Unless you owe someone a big favor.
    All I ask is to leave a little for others, there are obviously people lurking and snagging stuff with not regard to the people who post in the first place.
    My friend Randy found the Target Clone yesterday, he posted to PSWCS, I went an hour latter and all 3 pegs were empty. No one on that list said thanks for the tip, nothing. It makes you not want to post.
    And if your out there, whoever it was that I ran into holding the deluxe Clone in Pittston, you told me they were out for 3 weeks, I didn't go back to see if you posted 3 weeks prior, this is the first thread I've read, but I will tell you, the Clone you were holding was the first sign I saw of these things and I mentioned that to you, you then said, these have been out 3 weeks and walked away with it. Again I was empty handed.
    All I'm asking is that the Army builders set aside the geek in them for a second (I have to do it also) and leave some for others. I don't want to but heads with anyone that I happen to see running away from the empty pegs with all the SA Clones.

Take Care guys, I hope to find some cool stuff in the next couple of weeks, of which I will post here, there are at least a few people who enjoy this enough that they share with others their finds by posting. I just hope something is on the pegs for the people who deserve it after any of us post.

Check out the PA collector club, some cool people, they have some cool events as well:
    http://www.pswcs.com/

Mearl

Hey Mottimearl, interesting name.
    I live in the Scranton area and too have found people rather rude when it comes to collecting. The other day I was at the Dickson City Target and just wanted to look over the Star Wars section to see if there might be anything new, BUT... This nerdy ***** clown and his girlfriend, if thats what it was, were blocking the section off, between the 2 of them and with a shopping cart. They wouldn't even move aside slightly to let me look. Bunch of savages in this town. I found it quite sad, especially when they were just analyzing the peg warmers, I guess looking for the perfect card, maybe they are both guidance councilors.
    Any how, I feel your pain.
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Yup, allot of them like that.
    Saw a guy in a Staples outfit once, think he had a manager tag, I didn't get close enough to see, at Target. He had his kid in the cart, infant mind you, as he was digging through the figures, stuff was falling everywhere, I think he even stepped on a few. Meanwhile the kid was flopping around and almost fell out a few times, he wasn't even paying attention.
    Some people shouldn't be aloud to spawn.

Mearl