Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Northeastern/Central PA

WOW, this thread has been getting....intense!
    Before anyone pops, I'm gonna throw my hat into this ring to try and continue to help calm things down.
    The problem with the hobby lies not in the people who collect it, whether they post here or not, whether they open stuff up or not, or even whether they scalp or not(although scalpers do have a special Dante level in Hades, I understand ).
    No, the problem is, as it has been since Spring of 2000....Hasbro's distribution and case assortments and the stocking practices of retail.
    We could even go back to the fall of '98, when the last case with the Darktrooper and Spacetrooper literally hit on ONE Thursday and ONE Saturday and were gone for good from NE PA.
    The fact that we are not quite yet at the ONE MONTH MARK(yes, some of us found stuff before 4/2, but anyway) and nationwide Hasbro has blown out 45 figures counting the 2 Royal Guards is amazing. What isn't is how hard some of these figures are to find.
    It's the same old-same old. Retail is NOT stocking enough of the new cases fast enough and Hasbro isn't putting enough of some figures out. The AT-TE gunner is a prime example.
    In a movie year, one can expect to see all SORTS of peolpe collect and stock should be on a major upswing.
    There should be no reasons for hostility on these forums. Just because, and this is mainly aimed at new members, you don't get a reply to a particular post does mean anything in particular....you should NOT take it personally. I've started threads and not gotten a response. Sometimes people don't have a particular response to a line of comment.
    As far as army builders and mutliple figure buyers, I'm both. I have my reasons and since we're 3 weeks away from the movie, I already don't hunt much. THERE'S NO POINT. I'm not doing it. If Hasbro/retailers can't figure out how to put enough of these TOYS out for people to buy em, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM.
    Don't get too worked up...that's my advise. Law of averages for this hobby...sooner or later(apologies to Breaking Benjamin) you'll get what you want(unless you want 200 AT-TE gunners for a insane diorama, can't help you there ).

I used to go out about 3 times a week. Now I hit some stores at night, some in the morning, but usually it's if I have to be out anyway.
    The new Target exclusive clone is an example. Yes, I want one. Yes, I'm gonna pick up an extra one for a friend who is disabled and can't drive. Yes, if I like it enough I'll blow my money on a squad of 4 for a diorama.
    Forget the whole one-per-person thing...if people want to buy a $13 Target exclusive, they SHOULD be able to walk into Target ANY TIME and buy the blasted thing. If the release date(which keeps shifting around on other SW collecting sites) was set in stone, I'd just go on that day and buy WHAT I WANT.
    Too bad it's never that easy.

So, again, rent Gandhi if you have to, meditate, take a chill pill, but as a forum member I can say that these are just TOYS, people. No need to bunch up our panties over some plastic.

ANYWAY....
    it sound like people are making some GREAT finds. I hope May is a banner month for us all. If I find anything, myself or the mighty Sith LORD 0498 will let you know I'm sure. ...unless your scalping and preventing people from buying toys at a reasonable price, then I will have no CLUE what you're saying to me in english when you continue to stand in the Walmart aisle and ask me what the hot figure is....I can tell you now, if you're looking for hot SW toys, buy the ORCs. Red-hot, mate !
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 04-28-2005 at 08:48 PM. Reason: I spell like a martini...no, a martian!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    WOW, this thread has been getting....intense!
    Before anyone pops, I'm gonna throw my hat into this ring to try and continue to help calm things down.
    At least things are livened up around here. I'm thinking about re-editing my last few posts by attaching pictures of beer bottles. I suggest everyone else involved does the same, and we can just call it a big digital bar room brawl!!

Oh, and by the way, Wal-Mart's stripped clean again (10:00 pm), and I didn't see any cases on the floor either.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Well spoken guys.
    SL knows my situation, that beer sounds like a good idea.
    Now...bring on the SA Clones.
    I have a few friends and family looking for the Target Clone, some outside the area.
    If I happen to get lucky and get as few, the extras will be provided at cost to fellow SW collectors. You're disabled friend is on the list.
    My buddy Joe is pretty much locked up for one and Adam is first though and there are one or two other people on PSWCS that need it as well., I have mine, I only wanted one.
    I got very lucky!

Glad to see you guys worked the anomosity out amongst yourselves. Please remember to play nice.

Welcome to the boards Motti.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

MottiMearl and I cleared up the miscommunication behind the scenes through PM and private e-mail. All is cool, Kidhuman. Don't worry about having to break up anything. Now that I've had a chance to re-read everything we all wrote, it's actually refreshing in some sick, demented way. At least now we know there are actual collectors who are frustrated over the same things and still somewhat passionate about the hobby. Lord knows scalpers and retailers have made disillusionment so easy.

I just hope we didn't scare anyone off.

As for findings, WB Target had the collector's cups out this morning. I bought the lone Clonetrooper set (that cup kicks you-know-what), but they still had two Grievous cups and two Obi-Wan cups.

BTW, did you get my return e-mail this morning, MottiMearl. Just after I hit send, I realized I accidentally put a semicolon at the end of your address. The mail didn't get sent back undelivered, but I didn't know if it reached you.
    Last edited by Sith Lord 0498; 04-29-2005 at 04:16 PM.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

TRU in Wilkes-Barre has a single holographic Yoda remaining plus several of the "Dooku saber variant" Anakin Skywalker figures. Anakin is up front while Yoda was in the old SW section (which is now filled with ROTS 1-32 as well.

SL, I just replied to your last email, not sure if its the one you are talking about though...
    On a collecting note I got my EE Clones today.
    A friend and I went in on a case (8 Clones each).
    I'd like to trade one of the Battle Damaged ones in anyone wants one.

Well, I'm going to have to do some masive hunting this week!
    I go in for Surgery on Thursday and I can't drive for a month!

I'm looking for #41 and a Tarkin, hope I get lucky this week.

If I do, I hope the toy Karma rubs off here!

Doc

Good luck with your surgery and Tarkin is not due out until June.

Whatyou want for the clones?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, that's the one I meant. Guess that means it did go through OK.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Good luck with your surgery and Tarkin is not due out until June.

Whatyou want for the clones?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
    I'd like to trade the BD one I have for a #41, I know its a long shot, but hey, I thought I would give it a shot, might be someone that wants a battle damaged one without buying the whole set. Or maybe even a Tank Gunner.

Tall orders!

Doc