Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Full Figure Plans!! (SPOILERS!!)

This was posted a little while ago on RS by Curto. Since it's Curto and RS, be sure to take it with a massive grain of salt. But most of the information is consistant with what we've seen so far. 2005 is going to rock, look at the great figure line-up!!
    Revenge Of The Sith Toy Listing
    Posted by Curto on November 19, 2004:

If you're like me, you can't wait to find out more information about Star Wars toys. Displaying them on walls, on shelves, in your office, opening them up (GASP!) and playing with them!

So what's up next for Hasbro? Here's a rundown of what we can expect in 2005:

The Clone Wars returns in April with new chapters, and a new line of figures.
    Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damage)
    ARC Trooper Captain
    Asajj Ventress
    Clone Trooper (repainted in blue, red, and yellow)
    Durge
    General Grievous
    Mace Windu
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Unleashed line continues with a new set of 6 figures, and Anakin and Obi-Wan are designed to be displayed next to one another with interlocking bases.

Anakin Skywalker
    Asajj Ventress
    Darth Vader
    General Grievous
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Palpatine vs. Yoda

Finally, the reason you're still reading this report. REVENGE OF THE SITH toys! MAJOR SPOILER WARNINGS APPLY! You have been warned.

Action Figures:

Aayla Secura
    Anakin Skywalker
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader transform
    Bail Organa
    Captain Antilles
    Chewbacca
    Clone Trooper
    Clone Trooper Gunner
    Clone Trooper Pilot
    Count Dooku
    Darth Vader
    Darth Vader's Medical Droid
    Destroyer Droid
    Emperor Palpatine
    General Grievous
    Grievous's Bodyguard
    Han Solo(?)
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Luke Skywalker (?)
    Luminara Unduli
    Mace Windu
    Mas Amedda
    Mon Calamari Senator
    Neimoidian Warrior
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader)
    Padmé Amidala (Skywalker)
    Saesee Tiin
    Senator Ask Aak
    Senator Palpatine
    Special Ops Clone Trooper
    Super Battle Droid
    Tado
    Tarkin
    To Baccarr
    Utapauian Warrior
    Wookiee Warrior
    Yoda

Deluxe Figures:

Clone Trooper Army
    Crab Droid
    Darth Vader and Operating Table
    General Grievous
    Jetpack Clone Trooper
    Spider Droid
    Stass Allie and Speeder Bike
    Yoda

Playsets/Screen Scenes:
    Federation Cruiser (Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku)
    Senate Chamber (Palpatine vs. Mace Windu)
    Utapau (Obi-Wan vs. Grievous' Bodyguard)
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 11-19-2004 at 08:21 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Full Figure Plans!! (contains spoilers spoilers spoilers!)

"Han Solo"- what the hizzy? I assume this is going to be some figure ni the line from the OT, but that wouldn't make sense. This should be interesting.'

Everything else looks yummy though!! I can't wait...but i'm sure my checking account can.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Full Figure Plans!! (SPOILERS!!)

It is a nice looking list. But no C-3PO? They have to make one of him. The others are all cool. I can not wait.

Re: Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Full Figure Plans!! (contains spoilers spoilers spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    "Han Solo"- what the hizzy? I assume this is going to be some figure ni the line from the OT, but that wouldn't make sense. This should be interesting.'
    I've been posting it for 2 years: I think Han Solo was bred from a new DNA source for Clones.

These are ROTS figures. Han will be 11 years old (or about 4 years in Clone Years, growth accelerated so that he looks to be about 11 years old - sort of like the 5 year old versions of Jango, who were played by Danniel Logan who also played the 10 year old Boba Fett.)

This is still speculation, but I swear I look forward to saying "I Told You So!" in a few months.

The Luke Skywalker figure will be an infant with "escape accessories" - I'll post more when I get that totally confirmed. It is also a ROTS figure, not an OTC issue.

Maybe Luke will be a fetus in a jar. Much like Dr. Fretters Family of Freaks from McFarlane, perhaps we'll be getting 21-B's Family of Freaks.

Han can be the cop-out in a jar.

Maybe we'll actually get a decent Super Battle Droid this time that can stand and has it's wrist turned to the side.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think the Tantive IV escape pod, yes the same one that was for Ultra C-3PO, will take up the main space in Luke's blister package, with the VERY young Jedi likely not being poseable at all, but basically a prop.

Hasbro trying to make a cheap buck off stuff they've just re-carded.

In any event, it will look cooler carded on the ROTS card and (I guess because I didn't buy 3PO) Obi-Wan sold separately can fit in the pod to take Luke to Tatooine.

Interesting how we've seen carded pics of R2-D2 but he's not even on the list. Also, Palpatine hasn't been "senator" since TPM. Something's fishy with this list . . . I doubt we'll get all those figures in 2005, then there wouldn't be any to make for a few years.

I'm betting that Han Solo was a misprint, and I doubt we'll get a Luke, unless he's with Padmé.

EDIT: http://www.starwars-universe.com/fic...asp?ac_id=4207

Have a look at that French website, it looks like Rebelscum copied their list from there. It seems like Luke and Han might just be OT figures after all, since they're in the same wave, but I can't tell for sure. It also says that Meditation Chamber Vader is the 500th figure.
    Last edited by Mr. JabbaJohnL; 11-20-2004 at 11:19 AM.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think though while I may be one of the people jumping the gun and coming to conclusions, it doesn't make sense for all the stuff to be ROTS, and just 3 figures (Luke, Han, and Vader) to be Classic.

I think the mistakes are like this:

Vader is MEDICAL CHAMBER VADER (not meditation chamber - though since that term's been around since 1980, it's an easy goof).

I red about a Medical Chamber playset where you "build" Anakin into Darth Vader and this would make an incredible 500th Figure that makes sense in light of an all-E3 shipping period.

Again, Han and Luke could be the pre-teen and infant versions, with Clone gear and an escape pod.

THE REVERSE ARGUMENT - they're classic figures:

Vader is in the Meditation Chamber (ESB) due to the 500th Anniversary being more appropriately dedicated to Classic Star Wars.

Han and Luke are their OT counterparts (geeze, hope for Carbonite Deluxe and Endor Deluxe versions - it's about time already!)

The rest of the main Classic Cast will be available (almost):

Leia - NO
    Chewie - Yes
    R2D2 - yes
    C-3PO - eventually for sure
    Darth Vader - yes
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - the ROTS version, but yes, he'll be available in "Ewan-form"
    Stormtrooper - the ROTS clones are pretty close

That takes care of the original 9.

Then:

Boba Fett? - No - but his Slave-One is out everywhere and there may yet be some secret E3 appearance.

Lando Calrissian - No - but you know how I think Han is a Clone and that it's possible for Lando, another main character who's origins have never been explained. It'd explain Lando's lack of fear of Boba Fett, as well as his skills.

Yoda - yes, definitely in multiple forms.

Palpatine - yes, also in multiple forms.

Jabba the Hutt - No - but not really relevant to this collection and the basic playing of Star Wars, plus a 2004 release, so he was just out there.

So therefore only 4 out of 14 basic main-characters from Classic Star Wars will not be available during the ROTS release.

SO OK - LUKE AND HAN MIGHT BE CLASSIC.

What about other prequel characters? Will almost the entire collection be available?

Anakin- yes
    Obi-Wan - yes
    Qui-Gon - no, unless a ghost figure becomes applicable
    Padme - not yet, but quite likely. I think they are struggling with the pregnancy
    JarJar - no, but likely at some point. I'm sure he'll fart in E3 or something like that.
    Darth Maul - no, but we have more Sith and baddies than ever released for 1 movie
    BattleDroid (standard) - probably. Just not up front, since there have been plenty.

Mace - yes
    Yoda - yes
    Dooku - yes
    Kit Fisto (not a mainline, but included last time - and yes, so far as I've heard)
    Jango Fett - No - but a clone with a removeable helmet is pretty close
    Super Battle Droid - yes

OK - It's possible that Luke and Han and Vader in Meditation Chamber are the only OT figures we'll get in 2005 (for the spring-summer anyway) but the majority of the other main-stream characters will be available one way or another.

When AOTC came out in 2002, we got Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, Qui-Gon, Endor Rebel Soldier, Han, Bepsin Chewie, Djas Puhr, Darth Maul, Ephant Mon, Teemto Pagalies, and Lott Dod, none of whom appeared in AOTC (unless you say the other Neimoidian is Lott Dod). It's entirely possible we'll get OT or TPM/AOTC figures a few weeks after the initial ROTS figures, with different movies listed on their nametags.

I believe the Anakin/Vader change will be either a regular figure or deluxe, hell, it has both on the list. I bet the ESB meditation chamber is what we'll get for number 500.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Did anyone see the prototype for the Palpatine figure from the Screen Scene? It looks great! He's posed in a battle stance and appears to have one ball-jointed arm (the right one). Here's the kicker... his face looks like the emperor's face!!

Not THAT is cool...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**