DARKLORD'S CUSTOM FIGURES (Part 4)

GRAND MOFF TARKIN:
    Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
    The ONLY Governor Tarkin action figure EVER created was released as Hasbro’s POTF II line. At that time, the figures were suffering from (what I like to call) “tapered-waist” syndrome, and annoying pre-posing. Tarkin was no exception. However, I thought the face sculpt was nicely done

GOAL:
    I intended to create a neutrally-posed, 4 inch-scale action figure of GOVERNOR TARKIN. He had to reflect the imperial arrogance embodied by the Grand Moff, and he had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “Evacuate?! In our moment of triumph?! I think you overestimate their chances!”

RECIPE:
    1) POTF II Grand Moff Tarkin: (Head)
    2) SAGA Admiral Ozzel: (Body)
    3) Luke Skywalker: Jabba’s Palace: (Hands)
    4) Imperial Rank Insignia Badge: Created on computer in Adobe Photoshop and Laser Printer as a label

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...kinmailing.jpg
    -Roberto DARKLORD Williams

Re: DARKLORD'S CUSTOM FIGURES (Part 4)

ADMIRAL MOTTI:

PROBLEM:
    Hasbro’s POTF II Admiral Motti was a nice enough figure. However, in an effort to make ALL imperial officers in my collection UNIFORM in detail, a custom figure was in order. Ultimately it was the impressive head sculpt that I was most interested in here.

GOAL:
    I worked to create a neutrally-posed, 4 inch-scale action figure of ADMIRAL MOTTI. Now, logic dictates that he probably should have been engineered as a figure that could sit down since it was at the Death Star conference room where he has his biggest scene. However, I felt that to do so would compromise the impeccable sculpt of the figure’s legs. I DID however give him his original left hand which was sculpted in a position where it frantically tugged at his collar as Darth Vader chocked him with The Force. As always, I wanted this figure to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they’ve obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it.”

RECIPE:
    1) POTF II Admiral Motti: (Head (hollowed-out for ball jointed neck, hands)
    2) SAGA Admiral Piett: (Body)
    3) Imperial Rank Insignia Badge: Created on computer in Adobe Photoshop and Laser Printer as a label

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ttimailing.jpg

ADMIRAL PIETT:

PROBLEM:
    The slight pre-posing, and tapered-waist build that was typical of Hasbro’s POTF II line is just NOT to my liking. A Custom Admiral was necessary. Once again, though, the face sculpt was virtually perfect!

GOAL:
    I wanted ADMIRAL PIETT to reflect the strict Imperial loyalty that he embodied throughout the Original Trilogy. Also, he had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “Bounty Hunters? We don’t need that scum! Those Rebels won’t escape us.”

RECIPE:
    1) POTF II Admiral Piett: (Head (hollowed-out for ball jointed neck)
    2) SAGA Admiral Ozzel: (Body)
    3) Imperial Rank Insignia Badge: Created on computer in Adobe Photoshop and Laser Printer as a label

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ettmailing.jpg

GENERAL MAXIMILLIAN VEERS:

PROBLEM:
    Previous action figure attempts of General Veers produced by Kenner and Hasbro have not really been to my liking. The vintage Kenner “AT-AT Commander” lacked a considerable amount of detail. And Hasbro’s “Veers” figure (included with the POTF II electronic AT-AT) was (once again) a pre-posed, overly bulky figure that was out of scale in relation to the rest of the established STAR WARS action figures in the line.

GOAL:
    I wanted to create a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale custom action figure of GENERAL VEERS. The Imperial arrogance embodied by this vicious and ruthless General had to be evident. The intention of this figure was to be able to INTERCHANGE between BOTH of the General’s on-screen outfits from The Empire Strikes Back: Imperial Dress Uniform (as when he reported to Darth Vader in his meditation chamber), AND in his Imperial AT-AT Command battle armor and helmet! Also, he had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “All troops will debark for ground assault. Prepare to target the main generator.”

RECIPE:
    1) EP I Chancellor Vallorum: (Head (with hair re-sculpt and re-paint / hollowed-out for ball jointed neck) )
    2) POTF II AT-AT Commander (Included with Electronic AT-AT): (Battle Armor, Belt Buckle, Side Holster, Battle Helmet
    3) SAGA Admiral Ozzel: (Body, Imperial Cap
    4) SAGA Obi Wan Kenobi: (Headset Microphone pickup)
    5) Imperial Rank Insignia Badge (2) : Created on computer in Adobe Photoshop and Laser Printer as a label
    6) Black twist tie (Used to create belt)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...neralVeers.jpg

That General Veers rocks. I've looked at all of the others but I'll post once. That Emperor looks amazing also. I'd have to say that Hasbro should look for you when resculpting new figs.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Great Figures & Receipes......
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Love that Veers, top notch job.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Ok.. they sound awesome but everytime I try to view one the page is not found.. Do you have any digital photos?
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Hi There Mastermatt 24!!

Sorry about the inability to see the pics. There was a problem with the web hosting page, But I'll now re-post the pics!! I hope you enjoy them!!

-DARKLORD