Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Could General Greivous be what's left of Sypho Dyas?

It's just a thought: I have no evidence on this one - but it'd explain his super-fast moves.

Sypho Dyas went Dark Side and helped order the Clones in the Sith Plot, but gets axed by (Dooku?) and is remade into General Greivous?

Re: Could General Greivous be what's left of Sypho Dyas?

could be...but i'm not even sure lucas will reveal what greivous is in ROTS. it would explain alot....
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I think Sypho Dyas is just another one of those names that gets mentioned in passing such as Tank and the planet Ord Mantell. I don't read EU so I don't what part he had in that but he's just a passing name, IMO.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's already been stated that Grievous is a totally NEW character. Sypho was seen onscreen in EP II, but we still don't know WHO it is....my guess is still Dooku posing as him after his death.

Also, in one of the stories coming up, not sure which novel or comic, Dooku trains Grievous how to use a saber....or four
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

just a quick question- where is syfo dyas onscreen in E II????
    I don't recall seeing him and would like a look
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    just a quick question- where is syfo dyas onscreen in E II????
    I don't recall seeing him and would like a look
    I think he meant it's someone we already know. It's either Dooku or Palpatine, posing as Sifo-Dyas, who they recently killed. I think the real Sifo-Dyas is dead and gone, and Grievous is a totally new character.

The person who ordered the clones will definitely be revealed in ROTS, otherwise AOTC wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    The person who ordered the clones will definitely be revealed in ROTS, otherwise AOTC wouldn't make much sense.
    I hope George remembers he has to explain all these things.
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

It's also been confirmed that Grievous isn't a Force-user.

In watching the ROTJ DVD with the commentary, Lucas says that DARTH VADER lost most of his better Force ability because of being mostly machine, thus he is less than the power Anakin might have otherwise become.

Greivous might have lost ALL his Force ability so far as he knows.

I'm not taking a side in this. I'm just making sure all the possibilities are looked at.

A good nerd would do no less.

I've been saying for sometime that Sidious is Anakin's father. But I also believe he's Sifo Dyas and that the Palpatine is really a clone of Sidious, place in his position so that when the time was right, Sidious could take over.

Since Sidous is known for making clones of himself, it's possible that Sifo Dyas was also a clone. All of these clones have less midi-chlorians than the original. If SifoDyas was a clone, Sidious could have had him remade into Greviousm but strip him of his midi-chlorians. Thusly, Grevious would remember how to lightsaber combat and still be very good at it, just not be able to use the force. Why you ask would Sidious save Sifo Dyas's body to be used for Grevious, simple because this particular clone of himself proved worthy in the cause of the Sith and he wants to keep him around, but now that he is going to reveal himself, he needs to make Sifo less powerful, less he (Sifo) tries to take him (Sidious) out.

(Is that enough nerd-speak for ya, ha ha)
    -Sal
    Move along, move along