View Poll Results: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's fantastic

61 11.40%
  • It's ok, not bad

91 17.01%
  • Neutral

43 8.04%
  • It's not that good

95 17.76%
  • It's terrible

245 45.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

I voted neutral as I will be ripping these puppies open and the packaging will end up in the recycle bin. However, it will be strange when walking down the toy aisle looking for the more familiar star wars packaging and coming upon this. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it does look alot like most other action figure packaging out there.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Right now, I think the packaging is fantastic. By this time next year I'll be tired of looking at it. I share the potential aggravation of storing these figures MOC, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The packaging change does not justify the price increase though. I'd buy figures in generic B&W packaging or stuffed in little white boxes if it meant lower prices.

I voted: hated it.

I see these being a hassle for collectors of mint packaging. Whole lot of bubble to crunch during shipment or repeated crash landings on retail floors when the pegs are packed.
    They don't look too easy to stack and bring to the register either.

Hated it.

Wished they never changed it from the ESB/ROTJ days...

by kidhuman

I voted its not that good. Granted I have only seen pics of it, but I dont like the figure bubble shape. Looks like something Hot Wheels specials are packed in. I just wish they would go back to the POTF2 days of nuetral posed figures, give them more articulation and package the normally.
    Ditto. and the new packages look too cartoony. and the fact it looks like a ..... makes it unappealing also.
    "What the duce?" -- Stewie

I voted for "Not that Good" and am surprised to see over half the voters so far have said it's worse than that! As for waiting to judge, I get the feeling this packaging is going to hold no surprises for me, maybe if the bubble is thicker and tougher, that'd be the only possible chance I can foresee for any new info beyond what we're seeing. The star-case users are hopefully going to find that these are the same dimensions and will hold in a modern case even though the upper half is die-cut, but I can't be sure of that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I could understand a 50 price increase for better articulation, but more money for crappy packaging? I laughed when I saw the poll results and I hope Hasblow takes a look at it. I hope they lower the price.. I dont know how they hope to sell more figures with better packaging when they cost 2$ more..
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I love it! I wonder if the movie will be this good?

No, really, I love the packaging. A good "fresh look" to break up the monotony of what we've come to expect Star Wars figure packaging to look like. And as long as they keep the whole twisty tie thing to a minimum, I'll be happy with whatever.
    I agree, It is a nice change from what we have come to expect. It is colorful and fresh and very pleasing.

I just don't like it. I would love to see some kind of continued variation of the OTC packaging!

I'm in a minority here, but I really dig it. The only two drawbacks I can see are the fact that the bubble covers a lot of that funky artwork, and that the cards mention "action features." I guess that second one's not really a packaging issue per se, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.