View Poll Results: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's fantastic

61 11.40%
  • It's ok, not bad

91 17.01%
  • Neutral

43 8.04%
  • It's not that good

95 17.76%
  • It's terrible

245 45.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What do you think of Hasbro's Ep III:ROTS packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasandrea-call
    I agree, It is a nice change from what we have come to expect. It is colorful and fresh and very pleasing.

With half the fat of regular packaging.

(Also, your username intrigues me. I'm dying to find out what it's all about!)

I'm going neutral on this one for a couple of reasons.

Reasons I'm OK with it
    1. It's only going to be a few months before another line with a new look is released. You never have to endure something you don't like too long with SW (ie - POTF packaging for me, or anything Jar-Jar).
    2. It's creative and new. With the times. Ties into the DV theme and I dig DV.
    3. You don't have to remove them to have them posed. Unposed characters are boring (OK so I'm an Unleashed fan)

Reasons I am NOT OK with it:
    1. Bad for storage for collectors like me.
    2. Bad for pegging (ie less on the pegs at store) also that big round bubble is just begging for a scratch, scuff or dent.
    3. No Star Cases, but that will change.

Who knows, maybe these will become the next cool thing it 10 years. But I personally have always liked the Kenner look the best.

I voted "not that good." This new design is making me seriously consider whether I'll continue to collect an extra figure carded. Finding these MOC will probably be extremely difficult and displaying them on my walls with the rest of my carded collection seems unrealistic due to the amount of space these will demand. I like the main focus to be on the figure itself and with this new design your lucky if you can even see the figure and their accessories buried in all those flashy graphics. Way to busy for my tastes.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Good points. I also have been thinking about how much I really want to pick these up, the packaging turns me off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm reserving judgment. I'm not real crazy about the photos, but they may look better in real life.

If the bubbles are easily damaged, that'll put some of the fun back into searching for superior specimens.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Fett

If the bubbles are easily damaged, that'll put some of the fun back into searching for superior specimens.

I think it would lead to frustration of not being able to find a good decent bubble. I htihk people will start ordering cases or becoming openers if this happens.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not that good. To go from the OTC to that ... Well, what can I say, it is what it is. I don't like the shape of the bubble.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars