Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter & Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster

Star Wars Insider #79 arrived today; the issue features pics of upcoming Episode III toys. Attached are pics of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and a Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster. Also in the issue were pics of some of the preview figure wave: R4-G9, GG, Tion Meddon, and a Wookie Warrior.

The starfighter has opening cockpit and wings, firing missiles, and other "special modifications."

If role-play is your thing, use your Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster to drench friends from 35 feet away. It also features electronic sound effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnakinStarfighter.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	9743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WookieBlaster.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	9744  

Re: Anakin's Jedi Starfighter & Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster

That Jedi Starfighter is sweet! Notice how the symbol is that of the Empire, not the Republic. I like the R2-D2. I wonder if the TRU version's Anakin will just be the basic one?

That Wookiee blaster looks odd, design-wise. I suppose it would be fun though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I could've swore that I've seen that symbol on [Old] Republic military vehicles in the prequels. Maybe the symbol changes whenever a new Chancellor is elected. This particular symbol may be Palpatine's. Chancellor Valorum had unique symbol (which can be seen on the podium during his Senate speeches and on the staff that comes with his figure).

I bet the wings on this fighter flip up to resemble the panel-wings on a TIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    If role-play is your thing, use your Wookie Super-Soaker Blaster to drench friends from 35 feet away. It also features electronic sound effects.
    The combo of water and electronics really sounds like a bad idea to me. I just hope that we'll get to see lots of TV ads featuring Wookiees running around squirting each other.
    plasticfetish.net

I am looking forward to the new starfighter. The questions is - are you a sucker (like me) and will you pick it up immediately - OR - will you wait a month or two for it to come with the Anakin pack-in?!?

I'm the biggest sucker around. I'll get this one immediately and then when the one with the Ani packed in comes out I'll B***h and moan but I'll still get it without any hesitation.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aceguide
    I am looking forward to the new starfighter. The questions is - are you a sucker (like me) and will you pick it up immediately - OR - will you wait a month or two for it to come with the Anakin pack-in?!?
    Oh yeah, chances are good that I'll pick it up right away (unless it really sucks in person.) If they do a pack-in version, then that's the one I'd probably keep boxed.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Oh yeah, chances are good that I'll pick it up right away (unless it really sucks in person.) If they do a pack-in version, then that's the one I'd probably keep boxed.
    Same here.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I could've swore that I've seen that symbol on [Old] Republic military vehicles in the prequels. Maybe the symbol changes whenever a new Chancellor is elected. This particular symbol may be Palpatine's. Chancellor Valorum had unique symbol (which can be seen on the podium during his Senate speeches and on the staff that comes with his figure).

I bet the wings on this fighter flip up to resemble the panel-wings on a TIE.
    Actually, the ones in AOTC (ie on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship) it has eight little lines coming out of the center. In ROTS, and the OT, there are six. They look similar but actually aren't.

I also noticed how te wings are closed on this one, and in some newer pics of the new Jedi Starfighter, though open in others. It looks like Hasbro was right on the money back in 2002 with the spring-open wings feature.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Actually, the ones in AOTC (ie on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship) it has eight little lines coming out of the center. In ROTS, and the OT, there are six. They look similar but actually aren't.
    Weird. I wonder if the symbol change signifies something or if it's just a continuity error.