Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Episode I DVD?

This DVD Feature has just been rated over at the BBFC:
    BEHIND THE SCENES - STAR WARS EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM MENACE
    DVD additional material
    Classified 26 November, 2004

Anyone have any ideas on what this is? A new feature for an upcoming Episode I DVD?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Re: New Episode I DVD?

I guess it might be for a boxed set after ROTS comes out.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think Lucas will change Episode I further. Always have. We'll buy it. Why wouldn't he change it?

He's already said he's going to. I'm not sure about the extent of the changes, but I've heard from many sources that additional scenes for TPM and the OT (as well as the first scenes for ROTS) were filmed during the filming of AOTC. I guess we know now what the OT scene was, but unless he's throwing Jimmy Smits into the Senate (which would again completely disrupt the EU, since the Holonet News reported that Bail Antilles and Bail Organa were different people), I have no idea what they could be.

There's also been a lot of confirmation of the long-rumored Archival Editions from those involved, but not official word yet. John Williams saying in a couple of interviews that he was asked to re-score ANH is pretty solid proof in my book, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think he will at a minimum make Yoda completely CGI in the Phantom Menace so it is consistent throughout the prequels. I also think that I remember Lucas saying Yoda didn't look right in the Phantom Menace.

I also wonder if they'll get rid of the midichlorian talk. Lucas dropped that like a stone in Attack of the Clones.

I also wish for both the Phantom Menace and a New Hope they would dub in some rearranged Jabba dialogue from Jedi so that Jabba sounded even remotely the same from movie to movie.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    He's already said he's going to. I'm not sure about the extent of the changes, but I've heard from many sources that additional scenes for TPM and the OT (as well as the first scenes for ROTS) were filmed during the filming of AOTC. I guess we know now what the OT scene was, but unless he's throwing Jimmy Smits into the Senate (which would again completely disrupt the EU, since the Holonet News reported that Bail Antilles and Bail Organa were different people), I have no idea what they could be.

There's also been a lot of confirmation of the long-rumored Archival Editions from those involved, but not official word yet. John Williams saying in a couple of interviews that he was asked to re-score ANH is pretty solid proof in my book, though.
    Why would that mess it up? Of course they're two different people, nobody said Jimmy Smits would be playing Bail Antilles. We can assume they're both senators, since Organa is obviously one and Antilles is mentioned in TPM. I never thought they were the same guy.

I'd like to see Yoda re-done as well. However there's not really anything to suggest a new DVD on there.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

...which Lucas said he's not releasing until the BluRay/HD-DVD war has ended.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

...which apparently is pretty much over.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

And I won't be buying a single bluray disk until the price drops more than significantly.