Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OTC transitions figures 6.99?

Yesterday my finace picked up a Sly Moore for me from toys R Us. I went to grab the recepit to see how much I owed her, and low and behold She was 6.99

On the receipt it's listed as SW E3 PREMOVIBASIC FI 6.99

Needless to say Toys R Us got a ticked off customer letter sent to them today, they'll also get their figures returned today as well. I knew that they were probaly going to rise in price by $1, but a $2 increase in unacceptible. That's a 40% price increase just in time for the holidays.

If anyone finds these at Toys R Us make sure to pay attention to the price.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Re: OTC transitions figures 6.99?

Yeah I hope they don't start down that path. If they can't stay on a level feild with Wal-mart and Target they won't last. That was the main reason I wouldn't shop at Kay-bee. Usually on my lunch I go to a shopping area that has a Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart and K-Mart. I only have time to hit three of the four so normally that is K-Mart. That extra dollar just gives me a reason not to stop because I know I will eventually find the figures somewhere else. I saw in another thread that Meijer's was at $7 too.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Make sure you ceck the shelf tags before purchasing the figures. If it says 4. whatever, thats the price they have ot charge.

ANyways, TRU has been out of my loop for almost 2 years now, as they price much higher than most other stores. I could care less if they drop out of site.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The problem with Toys R Us dropping is that they carry a wider assortment of things. Yes they get clogged with stuff but even now when all other stores around here having only a few pegs of Star wars they have a whole wall section. Also they are good for exclusives and vehicles. If Wal-mart and Target are the only major players don't expect to see many vehicles after ROTS.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

The Toys R Us near where I live is selling the new figures for $5.99 almost the same price as Wal-Mart($5.88). I have not seen new figures at the Targets near me, all they seem to be getting is the OTC wave with the generals. Most of the ones I have found I have gotten for the $4.88 price though as they have not changed shelf tags, except for at one Wal-Mart in Columbus, Ohio.

I haven't bought a figure at TRU in months. Two area TRU stores have moved Star Wars stuff to a small 4-sided island display, and it's full of old Unleashed, old Saga, OTC vehicles, and the multi-packs. They won't discount the Saga figures, and no one will buy them...so they never order any OTC. I've been hunting at Walmart and Target almost exclusively.

I would pay $5.99 for the transition-wave figs...close enough to Walmart if the are priced at $5.88. But not $6.99! Do they want to continue losing money and market share?

Yeah, my TRU in Maryland rang up $5.99 and I was annoyed cause I had $10.50 cash for the two figs I got & ended up using my check card! Oh well, I'm happy that we had the lower price for a few years now. Don't forget that the EPI/POTJ figs were $6.99-$7.99.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Make sure you ceck the shelf tags before purchasing the figures. If it says 4. whatever, thats the price they have ot charge.
    You would be are correct sir!! I found a few of the transition figures at TRU last weekend and they rang up at $5.99. The store didn't have the new prices posted and all of the figures were mixed together so I fussed and they gave them to me for $4.99 because that was the only price posted on the shelf. So make sure you pay attention because unless they seperate these new higher priced figures from the OTC figs they can't charge you more.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I thought this was pretty funny. I strolled into TRU today hoping to find the rest of the transition wave I needed and sure enought they were there. They indeed do ring up at $6.99 now but the funny thing is they still hadn't changed the shelf price so I saved $16 by making them give them to me for $4.99 once more. I honestly don't think the average TRU employee is knowledgeable enough to know the difference between the OTC and transition waves.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re the transition wave...they haven't reached WI yet. I haven't seen any stores that have changed any tags/prices. According to Jaff's inventory reports, a couple of local Walmarts are sitting on some POTC/transition wave cases that arrived before Thanksgiving.