Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up February 1st is the day...

for the Preview Figures to bow at retail. That news come courtesy of the latest issue of INSIDER. Let's hope they don't push that date back!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: February 1st is the day...

Feb 1st until april somehting without new figs. NOt too bad, gives time to save money.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Exclamation Here's some info from the official site...

The pictures can be viewed here ( http://www.starwars.com/collecting/n...s20041203.html ):

[font=Symbol] [font=Arial]General Grievous: [/font][/font][font=Arial]General Grievous is the tactical mastermind and monstrous leader of the Separatist army. A twisted mix of droid machinery and strange alien, Grievous is a deadly cyborg trained in lightsaber combat by the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus. His mechanical reflexes, alien mind, and lack of scruples make him the deadliest Jedi killer of the Clone Wars. The action figure of Grievous comes complete with lightsabers, blaster pistol, and base.[/font]

[font=Symbol] [font=Arial]Tion Meddon: [/font][/font][font=Arial]The remote world of Utapau has become the secret sanctuary of the Separatist forces. Local administrator Tion Medon has little choice but to accommodate their oppressive presence. When Obi-Wan Kenobi visits the sinkhole-riddled planet, searching for Grievous, Tion does what he can to be helpful. This figure includes a blaster, a staff and a base.[/font]

[font=Symbol] [font=Arial]R4-G9: [/font][/font][font=Arial]On Obi-Wan's mission to find Grievous and bring an end to the Clone Wars, he flies with R4-G9 on his starfighter's wing. The brassy-colored astromech droid serves not only as astrogational assistant and on-board technician, but in a pinch can also fly the starfighter on its own. R4-G9 has a special distinction in that the droid's color scheme was chosen for the movie by members of Hyperspace: the Official Star Wars Fan Club. R4-G9 comes with a planetary hologram and a base.[/font]

[font=Symbol] [font=Arial]Wookiee Warrior:[/font] [/font][font=Arial]Kashyyyk is one of the many battle grounds of the Clone Wars. As Separatist forces invade a lagoon-side village on the Wookiee world, the native armies team up with Republic clone troopers to defend their home soil. This mighty Wookiee warrior comes with a blaster, a bandolier, a helmet and a base.[/font]

[font=Symbol] [font=Arial]Anakin's Starfighter: [/font][/font][font=Arial]By the time of Episode III, the Jedi have upgraded much of their starfighter arsenal with the new Eta-2 starfighters. Anakin starts the film in a yellow-trimmed fighter, whose lines are strongly evocative of the TIE fighter designs still to come. Anakin's amazing piloting abilities make the difference in a daring mission to rescue Chancellor Palpatine, who has been kidnapped by Separatist forces. The toy version of the starfighter has an opening canopy that can hold an action figure (sold separately), spring-open wings, firing missiles, and a retractable landing gear.[/font]
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 12-03-2004 at 11:27 AM.

Re: Here's some info from the official site...

Grevious looks pretty darn good. I like them all actually.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I think these are better than the AOTC preview figures. Although, I DO have to admit that I liked the preview Zam Wessell.

I agree with you on that they are better than AOTC, but Iliked all the preview figures from AOTC.

The only one I wasn't too keen on was the Clone Trooper. We got that corrected, though...

Sounds awesome, right in time for my birthday
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Suh-weet!

Those pics are awesome, and now I've got some "just enough to whet your appetite without ruining anything" spoilers in my blood!

General Grievous is the deadliest Jedi killer of the Clone Wars? Does this mean that the Jedi Purge begins before the Clone Wars officially end, or just that he racked up more Jedi casualties in the days leading up to the Purge? We all know Vader is the deadliest Jedi killer of the Purge, so hopefully Lucas isn't changing that fact.

So this Tion Meddon guy is a good guy? I think he beats out Chewbacca as the meanest looking good guy in the saga.

I thought the Wookiee was named Tarfurr or something like that. Is this a completely separate figure?

Utapau. . . Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: February 1st is the day...

These figs aren't too bad. I myself liked the AOTC sneak preview figures except for Jango's stupid pose. I don't like how they just throw in some random droid though. I don't recall seeing the the AOTC sneak preview droid in the movie.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!