Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams
Virtually all pervious action figure versions of Emperor Palpatine were lacking in adequate detail in my humble opinion. The vintage Kenner version sculpted his robes into a strange pair of legs, which was a design feature that I never really cared for. Later on, with the modern figures, Hasbro has only created Emperor Palpatine figures with NO working legs at all.
I wanted to create a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of EMPEROR PALPATINE in all of his malevolent glory. He had to be able to SIT on his (Hasbro “Cinema Scenes” POTF II) throne and his height had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “Soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker will be one of us.”
1) SAGA Throne Emperor: (Head, upper torso, re-sculpted arms, cane, lightning)
2) Vintage Kenner Luke Skywalker: (Back portion of cranium)
3) EP 1 Darth Maul Sith Bike: (Waist, pelvis, legs / bending knees (shortened), cloth hooded robe)
4) POTF II Emperor Palpatine: (cloak ornament clasp)
5) POTF II Comm Tech Darth Vader: (Cloth cape (Used for creating cloth skirt and belt sash)