Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tons of ROTS Buger King stuff

The Force.net has some pics of the crapload of stuff Burger King is going to have for Episode III.
    30 friggin' toys! Although some of them are really cool, I wish they would have learned from the Episode I fiasco. Plus, they should have kept it strictly Episode III, and not the Star Wars Saga.

Plus, there are some new Episode III pics on the promotional material.
    In the big group shot, Sidious looks pretty crappy, IMO.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: Tons of ROTS Buger King stuff

But those plush figures are so cute and cuddly!

Thirty does seem a bit excessive. It took me forever to drink the sodas required to get the full set from the 1999 Pepsi promotion. I had to get a Mountain Dew in another state to get the Droideka, and I never got the Yoda or "Destiny" cans. And now they're all just sitting in the garage. I'm going to have to pick and choose a bit more this time around.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They look cool but 31 toys is a lot of Burger King in 6 weeks. That would mean eating there almost every day. No thanks. I'll wait a year and pick them up at a Goodwill store for a quarter. I agree with you about Palpatine. I hope that is just a photo shoot picture. It wouldn't be as bad if they applied make up to the eyes instead of just leaving it plain.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I think these toys look sweet! If you get tired of eating there, just buy the toy for $1. Hopefully they'll let you trade for other ones. I'm glad Burger King got it this time, like they did back in the day, though the Tricon restaurants were also good. I really didn't like how AOTC didn't have fast food stuff, but I suppose this almost makes up for it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I am ready to further destroy my heart in hopes of collecting them all.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

The toys do look cool, but I would like to get my hands on the promo matierials being sent to the restaurants myself.

One thing that strikes me a a little odd is that BK serves Coke, and Pepsi is, or has been, a SW sponsor for the past 2 movies. Was BK just the highest bidder for a fast food tie in? Is BK going Pepsi? Whatever, it kind of brings it all full circle for BK as they had the glasses for the OT. More glasses would've been cool though.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

These are cool. I just wish they were offering glasses like the old days.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    And now they're all just sitting in the garage.
    You could drive up to Michigan, we have 10 cent bottle deposit.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    You could drive up to Michigan, we have 10 cent bottle deposit.
    Boo-Yah!
    Everyone wants to be Michigan.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

A few observations...
    First. I love the toy offering. Cool sculpts (potentially) without ugly action/game features like some of the Ep. I stuff. I like the Super Deformed look. And they are different than Hasbro's toys which will be nice.

Now...In the past Burger King has had some Pokemon promos (and maybe some other licences) that had many different toys to collect. They were done in a random "Hidden" packaging so you didn't know what they toy inside was. There were 5 or so types i.e.-squirter, plush, keychain, lightup- and were random in opague plastic bags.
    Could this be what we are seeing here?
    There is a special "chase" toy Anakin -5 per case.
    It would make sense that this would be hidden, or else they will be gone right away with no chance of a kid getting one. I think the Pokemon promo had a special "chase" pikachu too.
    I suppose I could be OK with this, but it will be hard to collect a set.
    We need to set up a trading forum so we can trade duplicates if this is the case. Without spending a ton on shipping, or ebay. Yikes.

Any thoughts or insights?