Hybrid View

Sideshow's Han Solo likeness has gone from eh to eerie

When we first saw Sideshow's 1/4-scale Han Solo statue, it was a work in progress and the likeness was ok but not that good. However, I just looked at the updated sculpt in the SSG news story and it freaked me out, it is so realistic-looking that it's a little creepy. If I owned this (ha! fat chance, way outside my wallet's range), I'd be hiding in the bathroom hoping it doesn't come alive and get me. This sculpt's likeness is so much more accurate than any product prior that I've ever seen, and the material looks very realistic.

I wish Hasbro could get work even half this good into their 12" figures, not just the head either, but the work on the clothing and accessories looks outstanding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Sideshow's Han Solo likeness has gone from eh to eerie

Han looks awesome, way better than the Luke IMO. Makes you wonder how great the Vader is gonna be doesn't it?

These are way outside my price range too, but I'm probably going to buy the Vader anyways (and a Fett, and Stormtooper if they make 'em).

Looks great Hopefully I'll set aside enough money to get Vader.Not too much of a Han fan,but not a too bad of a price for such a amazing sculpt
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I agree... it looks MUCH better than the one that was shown at Comic-Con.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I'm glad Sideshow went back and worked on Han. Much better! I'm passing on both Han and Luke (though I really DO want them) and holding out for Vader. I have no dought that's gonna be awesome!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett