Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tantive IV Playset!

Okay, now let your hearts settle down form a minute. No there is not any official news of this. I'm just wondering if you would like to see this made?

It would make total sense in that we could buy TWO of them, so as to have one for the original scene. This playset could be long, but not the complete ship. Basically the bridge, the long corridor (the same as seen in ANH) and the room with the table and chairs (conferenc room?)

IMO, this would be a great set to own, especially if it were made in pieces (sold together though), being somewhat modular, so that you could either connect the hallway to the bridge or the conference room, then the other section connecting to it.

What do you think?

Perhaps this would be better suited as a Poll question?
    Move along, move along

Re: Tantive IV Playset!

Damn you and your misleading tone in the thread title!!! Anyway, if they make this for the Episode III line, and provided Lucas hasn't made unnecessary changes to the ships interior design (not everything needs to be shown to 'evolve'), then I'd say they're hitting two birds with one stone. It would work as a playset for 2 Star Wars films and thats great by me.

I don't know what parts of the ship will be shown in ROTS but I'd like if a playset had sections representing all the parts seen in ANH - corridor and Stormie's entry hatch, escape pod bay and the 'interrogation' room.

Existing figures that need this as a home: Captain Antilles, R4M9, Tantive IV trooper, Commtech Leia, any good Vader, R2 and 3PO, VOTC or commtech Stormtrooper and Imperial Officer.

They Would Be Smart And Just Make Doors And Hallways Instead To Sell. That Way We Can Get And Build As Big As We Want.for The People That Have Everything On Shelfs They Just Need One Back Wall And A Door. People Like Me Would Need Lots Of Them So I Can Make An Entire Base Or Ship With Them
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH STORMTROOPERS

I can't think of the last time I was so excited and then disappointed! I thought an announcement was being made! I would totally buy that playset!

We won't get it. If we do, Hasbro will mount cannons on the walls or paint it neon orange or something, because as we all know KIDS ARE THE ONES BUYING THESE TOYS.

With the Tantive IV appearing in ROTS I'd say our chances have gone up that we might get either the ship or parts of the ship in playset form. Maybe it'll be the 'big vehicle' that will follow the initial wave of small vehicles just like in the Episode I and II lines with the Royal starship and Republic gunship. I'd like them to make the full ship with removable 'lids' like on the Falcon. They should defy realism in order to give it maximum diorama potential by making the engine section hollow and fitting it out as an interior set. If the cockpit could fit 2 figures I'd be very happy but if it only fit one I'd accept that too.

I'm sure you've seen mine before, but this was the SMALLEST I'd accept it.

Hasbro saw my ship in person, as SirSteve rolled his eyes when I HAD to drag this whole thing into ComicCon (1999 I think).

They'd guessed $250 minimal retail, if mass-produced, due to stores not wanting to lose shelf-space and their reluctance to do a made-to-order program.

If there would be such a thing, Hasbro wanted to look at a large-sized Millennium Falcon.

Anyway, this Tantive IV is 5 feet long and nearly blocks any exit from my sliding glass door off my master bedroom balcony.

By the way, due in some part to a trial and error process, the ship was $700 to build and I'm not going to make another for Prequel scenes. I'm looking towards Jabba's Sailbarge as my next possible project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blockade1edit.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	9781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blockade2edit.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	9782  

Tycho, I an actually taking off my Eagles hat and standing in awe. I NEVER SAW that, and I am NOT kissing yer backside. Nice. I'd buy it.

Jedi Master Sal, great topic. IF this gets made AND the Ep3 one isn't radically different from Ep4(I'm gonna guess NO), put me down for 2 of these ships/playsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I'm sure you've seen mine before, but this was the SMALLEST I'd accept it.

Hasbro saw my ship in person, as SirSteve rolled his eyes when I HAD to drag this whole thing into ComicCon (1999 I think).

They'd guessed $250 minimal retail, if mass-produced, due to stores not wanting to lose shelf-space and their reluctance to do a made-to-order program.

If there would be such a thing, Hasbro wanted to look at a large-sized Millennium Falcon.

Anyway, this Tantive IV is 5 feet long and nearly blocks any exit from my sliding glass door off my master bedroom balcony.

By the way, due in some part to a trial and error process, the ship was $700 to build and I'm not going to make another for Prequel scenes. I'm looking towards Jabba's Sailbarge as my next possible project.
    I can't see them making it any bigger than the Royal starship and you're right - that actually wouldn't be big enough. We must have playsets.

Yes, we must have playsets for this. That's the idea. There's no way we'd get the ship. It's too large and would in all likelyhood suck as a ship. Having it in playsets at least gets you some of the scenes. The hallway can double for a few scenes. While I'd like to have it as a ship, it's just not feasible for the market.
    Move along, move along

I would love it if they made it. Hasbro needs to do a trial run with some playsets like this. Tantive IV, Death Star, Jabbas Barge, I think it would be worth it if they did all of them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten