KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

KOTOR II is out, and I'm fully prepared to kiss another week(+) of my life good-bye. Anyone got it yet and played it? What are your thoughts?

As for me, I'll probably wait until after Xmas to buy the game, (waiting to see what "Santa" brings me first.) It's gonna kill me having to wait, but I can read what everyone else has to say in the mean time.
    plasticfetish.net

Re: KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

I'm in the same boat as you PF. I might get it for X-mas so buying it now wouldn't be a good idea, besides I'm still working on GTA: San Andreas so its not like I don't have a game to play.

I'm really curious however to hear if the game turned out as good as the original. Hopefully someone here will buy it soon and post comments.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    besides I'm still working on GTA: San Andreas so its not like I don't have a game to play.
    Someone just gave us GTA: San Andreas, but I'm still trying to kill off the Transformers game first. (Soooo close to done.)
    plasticfetish.net

I am getting it, but who knows when I will actually get around to playing it. I FINALLY just finished the original KOTOR
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I have picked it up, and am about five or six hours in.

First impressions (I'll keep it as spoiler free as possible):

I like the way the game starts out. Kind of a mystery. Though it's a little slow (kind of like Taris, just an introduction to the game), it's pretty well done. I can see some fans being annoyed with this, but I really don't mind.

The game engine looks exactly like the first KotOR. It looks and feels identical, though the menus have been prettied up a little bit.

You start out as a Jedi, and have immediate access to force powers, but I still don't have a lightsaber.

Some of the new features look like they should be cool, but I haven't gotten far enough to experience for myself. Apparently you can learn a number of different lightsaber forms, and progress to special Jedi/Sith classes (like Jedi Master, Sith Lord, etc).

The workbenches allow you to do a lot more now, like cannibalize items in your inventory to synthesize other items. Also, the little astromech (T3) can do this for you in the field.

But overall, it's the same game, with new characters, and a new story. If you liked the first game, you should like this one as well.

My only real gripe so far is that the game seems pretty buggy. Buggier than the first one. At one point, I locked on to some enemy droids, and as the cpu walked me towards them, it walked right through a wall and I fell to my death. In other parts the screen has gone completely blank for no reason. I've found that it's a good idea to save, and save a LOT.

But thus far, on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give it an 8.5 - 9.
    Last edited by Trip J; 12-09-2004 at 09:54 AM. Reason: I can't spell this morning!
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Well, "Santa" brought me KOTOR2 for Christmas, and of course I celebrated the holiday by playing for about 5 hours last night. It's good so far. I'm only just leaving the first location, so I haven't completely decided if I like this one more or less than the first game, but I am enjoying it quite a bit. It's always fun to battle the Sith... or is that join the Sith?
    plasticfetish.net