Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Server Situation

Some of you may have realized the "busy server" message at times and we are taking measures to correct it. Our host has run out of servers and they opening a new data center next week so as soon as they do, we will have a new (bigger) server to correct this.

Thanks for understanding.

SSG Staff
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Steve, I expect a 2-1 interpretor droid to be disintegrated over this matter. I know a good EV unit that can do the job.

Thanks for the update. I was having troubles earlier but now I seem free to run around the asylum.

Good news, SirSteve! The only time I was getting the busy messages was when I was online at work. My productivity was going through the roof! Thank goodness I will soon be able to get back to spending my "work-time" here at SSG!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Very good, Reason!
    Hopefully you'll be back to non-work in quick time.

Thanks, Skeezer, tell your friends I'll be here all week........*big hook comes from stage left, yanks JJ ferociously off stage*

Congrats on 5K!

Sorry to interrupt, Sirsteve. :sheepish:
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Also, a major server resource hog is the search so I turned it off until we move to the bigger server. I know this is a useful feature for everyone but I think seeing the site is more important than doing searches right now.
    "SirSteve"

Thanks for spoiling us Steve
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Just an update... we got the new server and we will be moving to it soon. If you notice the site is not loading, that is why. Until the DNS propagates, it will be done for a short time.
    "SirSteve"

Another update... the new server move is done. Everything should be back to normal now. Advanced Searches and Who's Online is now back on.
    "SirSteve"

Hooray! That move didn't take long!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!