Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly review?

Weekly review?

I've been kicking this idea around for a while, but what would guys think about a weekly review of vintage toys? This is an idea I've seen on other sites and thought it might give a much needed kick to this forum. My idea for here would be to list a vintage figure, vehicle, playset, or accessory each week and let people talk about it. I'm not thinking of just a plain review, but stories from childhood, how you got the item, or any other info you wish to share. If folks are interested I'll start with Luke Skywalker on 12/19/04.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Re: Weekly review?

If you wanted, you could start a new thread for each figure over in the "reviews" section. One a week, or maybe even one every two weeks sounds cool.
    plasticfetish.net

sounds good. However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.

I think its a good idea.

PF, I think it would be better here, because we will be discussing other aspects of the figure, such as memories and schtuff. But, where ever it goes, I will be part of it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    PF, I think it would be better here, because we will be discussing other aspects of the figure, such as memories and schtuff.
    Yes, exactly. So in that respect "review" might not be the right to use. Maybe a focused discussion that involves reviews, stories, memories, and other thoughts is more accurate, but that's to big of a mouth full.

Quote Originally Posted by vader121
    However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.
    My line of thought was more the memorable ones. Like I can tell you I got my Ben and X-Wing Luke for Xmas of '83, that's not too memorable. Yoda, my first SW figure was a memorable one. Or maybe you found a rare figure at a garage sale for 50 or had to work really hard to track down a mint 12 back Stormtrooper. Its what you want to share.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by vader121
    sounds good. However I really can't remember when I got many of my vintage toys.
    I can recall something "interesting" about at least these figures, so this would be a worthwhile thread:

Jawa
    Walrusman
    Boba Fett
    Wicket W. Warrick
    Barada (and a couple more carded POTF ones)
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke X-Wing
    Yoda

And I know where I got these figures, too:
    R2-D2
    Rebel Commando
    Rebel Soldier
    Cloud Car Pilot
    Lando General
    Rancor Keeper

Fun!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Count me in!!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Sounds like a fun idea.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

It does sound like fun.
    At least 2/3 of my childhood involves Star Wars, so I have plenty of memories to share.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I can recall something for the following:

R2
    Landspeeder
    Vader, Tusken Raider, and 2 Stormtrooper packs at Penney's
    Luke
    Death Star Droid
    Twin Pod Cloud Car
    Snowspeeder
    Tie Interceptor
    Death Star playset