Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dimebag Darrell RIP

Goes to show that it's the wacko's that ruin it for everyone else.

I wonder what would have gotten him an early discharge from the military.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Over the last few months I was on a bit of a "Reinventing the Steel" kick. "We'll Grind that Axe for a Long Time" is gonna have a whole new meaning for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    The online rumor is that Pat was the other band fatality. My thoughts and prayers to all his friends and family.
    I found out where that rumor came from, the first news story to come out of Ohio said the singer was also killed, it was obviously incorrect but makes sense considering the stage layout. Yet as Caesar pointed out, nobody else in the band was hit, so it's weird how that first news story released in a relatively small area got out so quickly. Not long after my mom heard about that rumor, she went to Rob Halford's website where they had more accurate news, though they also had links to the original news story. (Pat Lachman is friends with Rob Halford, Lachman was Halford's lead guitarist up until recently, it was only Pat's quitting to work with Dimebag that Halford stopped doing his own stuff to go back with Judas Priest.)

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    The local news paper read somethingto the effect of "Man wanted to make friends but didn't know how."
    Wow, that is bonkers! What did they base this theory on, tea leaf readings?

Then, even more outrageous, is some spokesperson for gun advocacy. He e-mailed a local radio station and the subject line read: "Guns save lives at Columbus nightclub: Interview opportunity for gun advocacy".
    That is outright sick! Ignoring the murders of all these people simply to push a selfish agenda is disturbed. No matter which side of the fence of this issue you're on, anybody should be able to see how in this case the presence of a gun was so incredibly destructive. That one blows my mind.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah... the whole thing is serverely messed up, friend. It's really the whole sickening state of our nation and how the level of baseness and illness has sunk to such depths that people are so dehumanised and not compassionate at all.

Sad.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Glad to hear that Pat wasn't among the shot.

Any word from Phil Anselmo regarding this incident?

It's been days now, but it's still such a shocker to me, I sorta let it go and then it snaps back and hits me how incredibly brutal and wrong this act was... it hits hard. Check out the Damageplan.com website, lots of big names reflecting on the loss of Dimebag.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've been checking in there every day or so to see the memories left by those other musicians, still no word from Phil. It seems the bad blood he had against Darrell and Vinnie will never die even in these tough times. What a freakin' tool. I'm sure he'll regret this "inaction" later in life.

regarding words from anselmo, this was posted on the british magazine metal hammer's website:

13 Dec 2004 Former Pantera frontman Philip Anselmo has issued a short but particularly poignant statement about the untimely passing of former band mate of Dimebag Darrell.

It reads as follows:

"Darrell my brother. The best of the best. - Philip H Anselmo"

strangely enough the latest issue of said magazine has anselmo on the cover indicating 'this is the last time i speak about pantera'. in the interview he is none too kind about damageplan or dimebag and vinnie, which makes his statement as printed above rather hypocritical as far as i am concerned.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Blabbermouth.net has aquite a few items on Dimebag's funeral.

-Apparently at his family's request, he'll be buried in a KISS Kasket.

-Report form the Service - Phil Anselmo was barred from attending the service and Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains and Damageplan singer Patrick Lachman reportedly performed acoustic versions of two ALICE IN CHAINS songs ("Brother" and "Got Me Wrong").

-And Phil Anslemo has finally spoken out about what happened:
    The onstage killing of former bandmate "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott has left ex-PANTERA vocalist and north shore resident Phil Anselmo distraught and questioning his own future.

In a transcript of a videotaped statement released to the media Tuesday, Anselmo said: "People want my reaction to what happened. This is about Dimebag Darrell, purely Darrell. It's not about me or some . . . psycho that happened to destroy the most beautiful person, one of my best friends in the world."

Abbott, 38, was shot and killed Dec. 8 while performing with the hard rock band DAMAGEPLAN at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub. Three other people, including DAMAGEPLAN's chief of security, died after Nathan Gale, 25, opened fire with a handgun. Gale was an ex-Marine and metal fan reportedly angered by the band PANTERA's breakup. He was shot and killed by a police officer responding to 911 calls.

Anselmo and Abbott spent 15 years touring the world together in PANTERA.

PANTERA didn't achieve widespread success until Anselmo, a New Orleans native, joined about 1989. PANTERA sold more than 10 million albums, collected two Grammy nominations and inspired legions of aspiring hard rock bands. But by 2002, Anselmo, Darrell Abbott and his brother Vinnie Paul Abbott, the band's drummer, had become estranged as Anselmo devoted more time to other projects.

In 2003, they confirmed that PANTERA had disbanded, as the two camps exchanged accusations in the hard rock press. Anselmo was at home on the north shore last week when Abbott was killed. As Ozzy Osbourne, Paul Stanley of KISS, Brian May of QUEEN and other rock icons memorialized Abbott, a devastated Anselmo made no public comment until Tuesday.

Anselmo's statement says that "the heavy metal media destroyed PANTERA." He laments that he "never got a chance to say goodbye (to Abbott) in the right way and it kills me, and I'm so sorry."

Anselmo traveled to Dallas for Abbott's funeral. But he ended up not attending "to respect the (Abbott) family's wishes, and they do not want me there. I believe I belong there, but I understand completely."

"I wish his family the least grief they could ever have, and I know it's impossible. Just bless his family, bless his friends. I love him like a brother loves a brother. . . . I'm so sorry to his family and everyone else who was senselessly killed in Columbus, Ohio."

His statement hints at an uncertain professional future.

"This has changed the entire world, and this is the last you'll be seeing of me for a long time."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Nice comments from Phil, too bad it took this long for him to speak out. As expected he's feeling pretty crappy about how he treated Darrell and Vinnie after the breakup of Pantera. Just goes to show you can't hold grudges.