Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Dimebag Darrell RIP

phil anselmo is a hypocrite as far as i am concerned. to quote from the interview i mentioned:

'I could kill him like a ****in' piece of vapour. He knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely. But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing.'

'I have a devoted following that would do anything for me. Anything that I say.'

perhaps he is now wishing he hadn't said the above.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Well I don't know why so many people were hanging on Phil's comments (or lack thereof) in the first place . . . the man is a drug addict, obviously, and he came very close to being the first member of Pantera to die with his past overdose(s).

As far as him talking crap about Dime, I just see that as talking stupid, something Phil is quite gifted at, as many of us have witnessed first hand at their concerts.

The part about his followers is very creepy and he surely shouldn't have said that. No offense to the majority of Pantera fans but look around at most metal shows and you're bound to be looking at a few headcases. Again, no offense because I myself have gone to several shows but come on - some of those people are not right.

I'm just still so sickened by this event.

I was at a Slayer show last night (at Universal Amphitheater), and it was very nice to see Tom Araya pay tribute to Dimebag.

R.I.P. Dimebag - one of the most talented guitar players out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    . . . the man is a drug addict, obviously, and he came very close to being the first member of Pantera to die with his past overdose(s).
    Actually he was legally dead for about 5 minutes I believe on that last big overdose a few years ago. I was always hoping that they would capitalize on that and have a "Back from the Dead" tour or something but that never happened.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

That's right, ExP, I remember that now. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, as much of a loon as I've found Phil to be (his ramblings in concert over the years irritated me more and more), I would have been a definite ticket-buyer for any reunion tour. I can't get enough of some of those songs.

Phil's ramblings at the concerts are legendary among my friends. Man, the stuff he would say is truly baffling and funny at the same time. The best part is that most everyone in the crowd starts cheering and stuff when he says it like he actually was profound or something. All I want to do is yell "Don't cheer, you'll only encourage him."
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.