i have just heard that Dimebag Darrell and three other people were shot dead by a member of the audience at the Damageplan show in Columbus, Ohio last night and two others were seriously injured.

apparently the band were in the middle of the first number at the Alrosa Villa when an as-yet unnamed man - described by eyewitnesses as being in his early 30s wearing a blue hooded top - jumped out of the crowd and onto the stage and shot Darrell in the head at point blank range.

He then fired at the rest of the band before being tackled by venue security. He kept on shooting until police arrived and shot him dead. Of the surviving victims, one person was described as "critical" while the other was described as "fair" by the station. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

i am very shocked and saddened by this. damageplan were an ok band but pantera were a fantastic group who i always hoped would set aside their differences and get back together again someday.

R.I.P. big man.