Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best way to sell off a carded collection?

So I am deciding to go to a completely opened collection but I'm trying to figure out how best to do it. I would like to get what I invested in it back or close to it. But I'm not sure if that can be done looking at the prices going online. I have everything from the modern line and most variations. I would like to sell it all at once and I will try that once I get it all typed up and photographed. If I cant get what I want out of it I will probably open up all the army builders and sell of the rest individually. Just wonder if anyone had any suggestions.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Re: Best way to sell off a carded collection?

I remembered seeing a topic somewhat like this one a while back. Hopes it helps. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...ell+collection
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I guarantee that you will not get back what you paid, unless you have a few OC Transition carded Ben's. No one wants POTF2 crap anymore.

Sell it on e-bay or if you really want to get screwed, just send it to Brian's toys and he'll pick what he wants and send the crap back to you with a check.

If time isn't an issue, selling about 6-12 figure at a time with 1 or 2 really good ones will bring you in more $$.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Or just sell it to Turbo. He'll buy anything.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Or just sell it to Turbo. He'll buy anything.
    Yeah, I'll buy a OC Ben transition for .99 if you got it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I may take you up on that. I probably won't do anything until after the holiday. Wait until February when excitement is starting to build.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

You might be facing some resistance when the figures get compared to the POTC and Ep 3 stuff hitting the shelves.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Last year I decided to sell off my multiples (I used to buy 2 of each up until the beginning of SAGA). Rented a table at a collectibles show with a buddy who was selling ST. Hardly sold a thing. The only pieces that really sold were items that were hard to find to begin with, otherwise the fig's sat there, even priced at $2 - 3.

Maybe get a value on the collection from Toyfare or something and consider donating it to a childrens hospital. You'll probably get a better price that way.

Good luck!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

That's a great idea. I've never thought about donation. I'm not in the market to sell but if you want to get top dollar go with that. That's also a great way to sell an automobile.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

When I decided to become an OTC only completist, I tried to sell 80 carded figs from the new trilogy...everywhere I tried, no one wanted these, and at a great reduced price...so, I donated them all, and felt way better about it in the end too!
    Real men buy Willrow