View Poll Results: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be both giving and receiving SW gifts

47 27.49%
  • I'll be giving SW gifts, but not receiving any

18 10.53%
  • I will be receiving SW gifts, but not giving any

71 41.52%
  • I'm not getting or giving any SW gifts

35 20.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

Giving? Yes, the kid's getting a bunch of stuff. Getting? Heck, I dunno... maybe.
    plasticfetish.net

I've bought the Droids DVD for my niece and nephew, and my niece is getting the original trilogy storybooks (for beginning readers) and some loose figures.

I'm hoping Santa will bring me a 12" VOTC Boba Fett.

I know of 2 figures that a person in my family picked up for me and has said they'll be stocking stuffers (I just hope she doesn't bend the cards!) Other than that, I can't find anything to give or receive. New figures are gone around here as soon as they are put on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I also bought SW gifts for two other people but I can't say what they are because they may read it. (Yes Rocketboy I bought you something Star Wars.)
    Why am I not surprised? Actually, I haven't bought anyone anything Star Wars this year.
    I put down only recieving (I hope!), there's still time. There doesn't seem to be too much new/interesting stuff out there this year that hasn't been rotting on shelves for 6 months.

No change that, I did get something for someone, but I didn't buy it.
    And no I didn't steal it!
    It was free.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I don't collect DVDs or movies like many of you, but this year has seen the release of many titles that I wanted. So that's what I asked for this christmas. I know I'll be getting the Star Wars OT & TV shows, plus Buffy Season 7 and the LOTR extended versions trilogy.

I usually ask for Star Wars LEGO too but the sets I need are the expensive ones only available online or in the catalog. I'm not so cruel that I ask family to hunt figures I don't have.

No one in my family collects Star Wars or I'd be happy to get them some of the hard to find stuff when I come across it.

Just giving away the DVD set.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Smile Re: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

For my thirtieth birthday my wife bought me the OTC falcon, unfortunaetley i was taken very ill and still am suffering from some infection to the brain, this would tend to make cristmas somewhat of a downer....
    ... fortunately i am looking forward to christmas because i have found the hidey place my wife keeps the pressies at and there i have spied five figures from the EP3 OTC transistion wave, the OTC funky blue and red y-wing and would you beleive it all twelve of the VOTC figures. Not bad for an adult's christmas stocking! God, you've gotta' love being married!!!

Cool Re: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

I've managed to get hold of all 8 of the new post-OTC figures.So come Christmas morning I'll be a very happy dude.

I gave 20 figures, two OTC ships and 2 packs of Galactic Stormtroopers to my local Toys for Tots, this year. Also, in my local Fanforce (city fanclub chapter of TF.N) we have a secret Santa every year. So I'll be giving and receiving for that.

My fiancee has bought me three video games. One of which I know if KOTOR II.

We also went to a local Toy show, here in Pittsburgh. There she bought me (as an early Christmas gift):
    Dooku mini Saber
    Maul Mini Saber
    Vintage Ewok Village(just missing one railing)

All in all, it's great Christmas for me so far.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by DeadJedi
    I've had at least one Star Wars Christmas gift every year since the seventies, and it won't stop now. It's not Christmas without Star Wars! But I think this year I will need to buy my own because my wife flatly refuses and my daughter is only 2. I've already got that covered, but I can't tell myself what I am buying because it will ruin the surprise.
    Get the kid some Galactic Heroes sets, she's the right age for them, the Falcon and X-wing are out now on shelves (or hit KB and get the original Playskool releases of 'em, that Falcon is the same including price except it came with a Stormtrooper, and the original X-wing had Vader but no electronics). There's also Jedi Force, though she might be too young, not sure what the age group on that line is.

Sadly, I appear to be neither giving nor receiving any SW gifts this year, but that's not a big deal to me, though I wish I had enough room to ask for the Lego Falcon. I wish KB still had those Saga 4packs on clearance though, last year they made great charitable donations once the sets were broken back up into individually-carded figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.