View Poll Results: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be both giving and receiving SW gifts

47 27.49%
  • I'll be giving SW gifts, but not receiving any

18 10.53%
  • I will be receiving SW gifts, but not giving any

71 41.52%
  • I'm not getting or giving any SW gifts

35 20.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

I will be receiving star wars gifts, but I'm not gonna give...I don't know anybody who collects figures.
    [SIGNATURE]

I chose "Im not giving or getting any Star Wars gifts" because the only thing i told my parents to buy me Star Wars related was the Sandcrawler, but i doubt they did. There really isnt anybody else in my family whos a big fan either so i wont be buying anything Star Wars related for them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I voted that I "wouldn't be giving or receiving any SW gifts this holiday season."

My family pretty much knows when it comes to SW I usually buy everything I want when it comes out and have a limited amount of patience in aquiring my wants so they usually don't even try. Although I was surprised with a Master Replicas Vader saber last year so who knows maybe they have something else planned but I doubt it.

As far as giving goes the only people I know who would appreciate SW paraphernalia would be a select group of friends and over the years we've pretty much agreed not to buy each other gifts during the holiday so that rules out the giving aspect.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

With an 8 year old ultimate fan I am definitely giving - LOTS! So in a way I get too! Also sending my brother the trilogy DVD.

I asked Santa for the DVD set this year.

My kids are getting some Galactic Heroes stuff.

Plus I've decided to give away a bunch of my recent "repacks" to a Toys for Tots.

Both, but I wasn't sure about the "getting" until yesterday (well, I knew I was "getting" a Cantina pack from my kids, but I put that aside for them to give me).

Gave - each of my kids a Galactic Heroes 2 pack in their stockings.

Got - the Cantina pack, along with some very nice "original art" by my daughter; Jodi (my wife) framed 3 different pictures of Princess Leia she had drawn over the last couple of years to show the progression in her drawing ability. I've already hung it down by my computer, it's fantastic!!!
    Last edited by jjreason; 12-26-2004 at 12:56 PM.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I didn't expect to give or receive SW. Two of my brothers-in-law asked for the Trilogy. . . after I'd already got them other stuff because I thought they weren't interested. So no giving.

But as for receiving, my wife completely surprised me with the CDs of the ANH and ESB radio dramas, so my collection is now complete. . . at least until NPR gets on the ball and does a TPM radio drama.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember running home from school to hear ANH on the radio. Don't think I heard the complete series. I might have to pick that up.

I received the 12" VOTC Luke and Boba Fett, and my folks surprised me with a Master Replica Darth Vader lightsaber. Wasn't expecting that at all!